Trusted Contributor

Nice, light self-tanning product?

My friend was telling me how she would like a self-tanning product because she can't stand her very pale legs.  She asked me about BE Faux Tan and other products I've tried.  We talked about Tan Towels and Vita Liberata and then I suggested maybe she should try something like Jergens Natural Glow or a similar product.  

I've never tried a drugstore self-tanning lotion like Jergens.  Do you have any favorites for this type of product?  I thought it might be a nice inexpensive way for her to get a hint of color, which is really what she's going for.  Thanks for any info.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Respected Contributor

Re: Nice, light self-tanning product?

It's been a few years ago that I tried the Jergan's, and I could not handle the smell. Now, maybe that's changed, but I just could not get past it. 

Valued Contributor

Personally, I like the Tan Towels.  You can get them in Classic or Plus (deeper color). I have also tried the Jergens, but the smell turned me off.

Respected Contributor

I use the Jergens on my legs, second year for me. There is no smell and makes your skin soft. It gives a hint of color, just what I want.

Trusted Contributor

I have been using the Jergens face self tanner for years...1-2x a week during the winter and almost every day during the summer months....I use the medium/ dark because the lighter shade does nothing for me.....for the rest of me I use the St Tropez mousse.

Respected Contributor

I use the Jergen's foam and it is the bomb! Easy to apply and give a yummy glow. I use the dark....the light one just gives a tiny hint of color. No smell. Good price.

Esteemed Contributor

I think there are lots of good tanning products on the market, it's just a matter of finding your preference. If you like Tan Towels you might want to check out L'Oreal's Sublime Bronze towelettes. I've used both and see no difference in the effects--I like them both. 

The difference is in the price. Five 9x12 Tan Towels are $29 at Ulta while six 9x10 L'Oreal towelettes are $12. I stopped using Tan Towels after discovering the L'Oreal towelettes. 

Esteemed Contributor

Jergens

Respected Contributor

I use Jergens and Tan Towels - both work well!

Does anyone have any advice on how to find out which Tan product the host that was on today had on, please?  Her name is Kerstin Lindquist.  She was on just now.  It was a great color that did not look streaky.

For being as fair as she seems to be, the tan looks terrific on her!  Not orange and not splotchy or streaky.  Gorgeous color and natural looking.  

Would be great to find out which product it is  - and if she applies it a special way, such as with a certain lotion, or something.  I'm not on Facebook, and her QVC Blog doesn't let me submit a comment to her.  Any ideas on how to find out from her, or QVC, which product it is that she has on, because it looks great!  Thanks for any help!