Valued Contributor

Re: Niacinamide. I'm a believer.

Thanks for encouraging me to purchase this Isomers product, I am so pleased with the results that I ordered a second bottle. I cant use Paula's because it has some gluten. 

@sonechko wrote:

Just checked Isomers Retiniacin product I use nightly, Niacinamide is a third ingredient from the top, and Retinol - seventh.

From the day I started it, there was never any problems. No burning, redness or irritation, not even slightest discomfort.  I also never even heard of irritated skin from using Retiniacin from anyone on Isomers Face Book group. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ElvisShops wrote:

@sonechko wrote:

Just checked Isomers Retiniacin product I use nightly, Niacinamide is a third ingredient from the top, and Retinol - seventh.

From the day I started it, there was never any problems. No burning, redness or irritation, not even slightest discomfort.  I also never even heard of irritated skin from using Retiniacin from anyone on Isomers Face Book group. 

Do you have any idea what the retinol percentage is? I have used retin a for a 100 years (small exaggeration, LOL) and have never had any trouble with it or similiar at any concentration.

It's great  @ElvisShops you have not had any problems using retin!  I read, many do, and must build up tolerance to retinol.

I do not know the Retinol percentage in Retianicin, it is not listed on ingredient list. I am not sure, if companies do or don't give out such info, protecting their formulations.

Myself, I do not bother to find out, because I use only one skincare line, so it's easier for me trusting it, and leave it completely up to them to formulate - they are cosmetic chemists, and I am not.

Before using Retiniacin, I actually completely avoided any retinol products, reading how often skin may react to them badly. I am not at all knowledgeable in skincare, but to me anything harsh enough to cause my skin to have such strong reaction, is something I would not do to it.

I heard Manuela (Isomers) repeating often - an entire cosmetic industry agrees on three things actually assist in anti-aging - Retinol, Vitamin C and Sunscreen.

She is saying - Retianicin is "Non-Negotiable nightly routine".

Retinol in this product, and the way it's formulated together with Niacinamide and other vitamins and "things", this combo does not irritate skin, and Retiniacin product is safe and effective way of Retinol and Niacinamide delivery.

I would not come back to any product my skin reacted "angrily" to, nor do I wish for it to "build" up tolerance and force it to get used to a harsh product. This Retianicin never caused my skin any harm, so for couple of years I continue with my nightly doze of Retinol, whatever percentage it may be, via Retianicin product.

Isomers have this product for many years. The reviews only go back to 6 years ago. I see, that Paula adding this product to her line now, and I also see some people are very happy with it, and some having strong reactions.

Retiniacin

• Vitamin A, C & E (in the form of a stabilized retinol)
  • Retinol improves the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, and helps to normalize the physiology of the epidermis. This leads to an improved barrier function and helps retain skin moisture. Retinol has a normalizing effect on skin pigmentation. Retinol not only improves the appearance of existing wrinkles, it also helps to prevent wrinkles.
  • Retinoids counteract the physiological processes that actually lead to wrinkled, photo aged skin.
  • Vitamin B3 (NIA10) Niacinamide
  • Improves skin moisturization  (reduces TEWL) and boosts ceramides
  • Improves the appearance of aging skin – helps stimulate new fibroblasts for smoother less wrinkled looking skin
  • Collagen Booster (Oligo peptide-1)
  • Oleosomes – dedicated delivery system to boost efficacy
  • Does not sensitize the skin

Here the ingredients: Aqua/Water/Eau, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oleosomes, Niacinamide, Propylene Glycol, Sodium Ascorbate, Tocopherol, Retinol, sh-Oligopeptide-1, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Xanthan Gum, Santalum Album (Sandalwood) Oil, Phenoxyethanol, Tropolone.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sonechko wrote:

..cut for length

Isomers have this product for many years. The reviews only go back to 6 years ago. I see, that Paula adding this product to her line now, and I also see some people are very happy with it, and some having strong reactions.

...cut for length

This is not true. Only the Niacinamide BOOSTER is new- she has had the ingredient in some of her products since at least 1995 when she first started her line.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@porcelain wrote:

Niacinamide is in a few of the products I use. It's high up on the ingredient deck of at least one of them I think. Lots of people really like it. I've even heard it can help prevent breakouts. A great ingredient. Highly recommend.

I just checked and a few of the products (including Paula's choice) I use also contain Niacinamide fairly high up so I guess I haven't had any reactions to the ingredient, which is good. Still not sure I will try the booster mixed in with anything since it is already in my other products and don't really need any more of it since I don't have oily skin nor do I have enlarged pores. Hey, maybe it has been working all along since I don't have any of these issues!

Trusted Contributor

I don't see Retiniacin on the Evine site currently.  Maybe it will be back in soon.

Esteemed Contributor

@ElvisShops wrote:

I don't see Retiniacin on the Evine site currently.  Maybe it will be back in soon.

I saw a single bottle of it a month or even longer ago, and sets of it together with Forever Youth Cream were sold out too at the time of last visit. Hopefully they will re-stock soon, @ElvisShops. I think it's still available from the Lab.

I am on A/D for it, but keep pushing forward the next delivery, since I bought 2 or 3 in that 2-piece kit, which was a better deal, of course.