Respected Contributor

I just ordered this from the Derm Store. It contains Niacin and targets sun damage. Has anyone tried. It get good reviews.

Respected Contributor

I have tried this and I did like it very much, I may have even purchased it on either QVC or HSN at the time. I only used the one tube as I moved on to the Skin Medica line and have stayed with that! But I do remember my skin having a great texture and clarity when I was using it!

Hope you enjoy the product!!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I used to use the Nia 24 physical block SPF. LOVED it... however.... I couldn't figure out why my skin took a pinker tinge when using it. It took awhile but eventually I discovered I was allergic to the Niacin in it. It took a horrible reaction taking a week plus Rx steroids to calm my skin and bring down the swelling. I had no idea it was a common allergen so I now read labels very carefully.

Had I not reacted to it, I would have kept using it as it was the BEST sunscreen I have found.

Trusted Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I used to use the Nia 24 physical block SPF. LOVED it... however.... I couldn't figure out why my skin took a pinker tinge when using it. It took awhile but eventually I discovered I was allergic to the Niacin in it. It took a horrible reaction taking a week plus Rx steroids to calm my skin and bring down the swelling. I had no idea it was a common allergen so I now read labels very carefully.

Had I not reacted to it, I would have kept using it as it was the BEST sunscreen I have found.

@Jacie and @SahmIam  Nia24 is a very good brand and line in skincare. Especially the 1st product the complex I think that came out, (moisturizer complex) it was nice and I was adding that to my other line years ago however when I bought the hand/neck cream (large size good deal) thought this is great! WRONG... I had the "niacin reaction" ..intense itching redness like red ants - BAD! Also Strivectin nia neck cream was even worse with this reaction horrible!!

So I stopped the face cream complex. B's in skincare are very good and important. If one can tolerate go for it! So sorry about that Sahmlam..been there :/

I would have used the entire line back then if I had not reacted.I still wonder how on earth do people use the Strivectin nia line? it's so strong! even the retinol...that bad be burn one time.

Wish they could block that reaction since niacin in skincare is so good.

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Super Contributor

I have super sensitive skin. For sun screen I use MDSolar science tinted and EltaMD tinted for sensitive skin. Both are good. As for Nia it's ok but I prefer brands like EltaMD

Trusted Contributor

@LITTLE miss sunshine wrote:

I have super sensitive skin. For sun screen I use MDSolar science tinted and EltaMD tinted for sensitive skin. Both are good. As for Nia it's ok but I prefer brands like EltaMD

@little miss sunshine have the eltamd before it is gentle (good primer too!0 and last month bought MD solarsceinces (same - good primer - can skip!)...it has the zinc in it - slight tint not noticbale and like it as much as my new find and larger tube of Epionce 50 (zinc too)..it's gentle and love the stuff. It may be a good try when you run out of the ones you have it's gentle and no white cast, all similar. Nia was a line I wanted to love but reacted to :/

My son went to Heaven 4/15/2018
I love and miss him so very much. God Bless you my dear Nicky
Honored Contributor

Niacin is in so many products today, including Olay for a long time now, never did a thing to lighten my dark spots.