Honored Contributor

Re: Next E/S Look When Going to Mom's :)

@monicakm wrote:

@Icegoddess 

Oh no!  There is a time and a place for (most) anything.  A tv news anchor doesn't need to be trying to be the center of attention.  Who could focus on the news?  OTOH, I'd rather not focus on the news!   Has she worn this more than once?  I can't believe she was allowed on camera with that eyeliner.

@monicakm she wasn't an Anchor; she was a guest commentator, but how do you expect anyone to take you seriously when you're just trying to draw attention to yourself?  I have no idea who she is. I think it's the first time I ever saw her, but it was shocking enough to me to pull out my phone and take pics.  

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

We should all have a passion and clearly yours is skincare/makeup. I admire you for not being afraid to push the envelope in trying new methods of application and colors.

I am wondering if you would be willing to post some pictures of your eye makeup. I struggle to use anything but basic neutrals and would like your inspiration. If not comfortable showing your whole face you could crop the picture to just show your eyes.

I realize this is a big request and if it is out of your comfort zone, I understand.

Respected Contributor

@monicakm You inspired me.

I had to go to Kroger & thought what the heck.

I used Kiko MilanoEyeshadow Stick #46 Multicolour Mauve as a base.

Pat McGrath Purple Reign in the crease & under my lower lashes.

Pat McGrath Pale Fire smudged along the lashes & liquid eyeliner.

I buff it out so it wasn't too wild, but it was bright & pretty.

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

That sounds sooo pretty!  So you started with this

KIKO MILANO: Long Lasting Stick Eyeshadow - Extreme hold eyeshadow

This in the crease and lower lashes

Pat McGrath Purple Reign EYEdols Eyeshadow

And this smudged along the lashes.

Pat McGrath Pale Fire EYEdols Eyeshadow

I would have loved to seen it Smiley Happy  My goodness, I could have never come up with that combination!  I used to have a Lancome single in the purple color.  It was my favorite Smiley Happy  That and a Lancome color called "Fawn".  Fawn was my wedding (1979) eyeshadow color.  I wish I could find it again.  Thanks for sharing Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

Thank you for your kind words.  I once posted a photo here of an eyelook using my Too Faced Natural Nudes palette and false lashes.  I got the courage to do so when it got close to 400 thumbs up on a makeup reddit forum (and from family and friends).  It was not received well here.  There were some pretty snarky remarks.  So I don't foresee ever feeling comfortable posting a photo here again.  I'm sorry.  But, I don't mind posting pictures of products I use for a look.  

Eyes:  1 all over the lid and 2 on the outter half and blended of course

temp1.jpg

Cheeks: Fenty Butta Buscuit as blush w/ a highlighter but I can't for the life of me remember which one I used Smiley Surprised

Cheeks Out Freestyle Cream Bronzer - FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna | Sephora |  Cream bronzer, Fenty beauty, Bronzer

Lips 

Pink Flamingo

ColourPop Lippie Tint in Pink Flamingo, a sheer bright violet wash of colour on lip.

with this on top.  MAC Diamond in the Rough

MAC Cosmetics Makeup | New Aladdindisney Mac Gloss Diamond In The Rough |  Poshmark

Lashes, mascara on bottom lashes and a little purple pencil liner on bottom.  Tousled/shag-cut hair AND NO FOUNDATION, NO SKIN TINT.  Just my skin.  If James Welsh was here I'd KISS HIM! LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@monicakm 

I get it!  It is one thing for us to critique a celeb (or even a QVC host) makeup look, but quite another a fellow poster. 

I am sorry it happened to you, albeit disappointed we can't see how your product application looks in real life.

Wishing you a bright and colorful weekend!

Respected Contributor

@monicakm I love those colors & I am very sorry someone here felt the need to criticize your pictures.

Makeup is so fun!

I love that talking about it here makes me want to play with colors.

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz 

You have a wonderful weekend as well.  I'm not leaving my house.  The "feel like" temp is 107.  I'm happy right where I am lol.  And thank you for your kind words.  They mean a lot Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Dusty1 

Thank you.  I'm not terribly thick skinned.  And live by the "if you don't have anything good to say, don't say anything" rule.  And yes I agree, makeup IS fun Smiley Happy  So is skincare.  I've been using more Glow Recipe products for about a week and a half and I'm loving them.  Will definitely be purchasing the full size bottles of a couple more of their products. My skin loves watermelon and cactus juice apparently.

Honored Contributor

Some eye shadow looks are just plain silly looking.  When I grew up eye shadow was no big deal and now it's in the forefront.  Some of the looks are really nice but for younger women and then there are some looks for middle aged women.  I guess you have to find out what is right for you.  I hardly wear eye shadow but not because I don't like it but I don't like a made up look during the day.  Once in a while I will swipe a color on but rarely.   I always wear a tinted moisturizer, blush and lipstick and a little mascara.

kindness is strength