Honored Contributor

Newest Version of Electric Emjoi Micro-Pedi?

My old battery operated Emjoi Micro-Pedi seems to have bit the dust. I put new batteries in, it whimpered and died...

I am planning to get an electric version as a replacement but I'm not sure if there are more than one available? I have done a search and this is the only one that shows up. It is supposed to be the most powerful. Even on QVC there is only one color option. Anyone have reviews on this?

Emjoi Micro-Pedi POWER - Callus Remover

Emjoi Micro-Pedi POWER - Callus Remover (Most Powerful & Corded)

Valued Contributor

Re: Newest Version of Electric Emjoi Micro-Pedi?

I have a new way to take dead skin on my feet thanks to my husband. He was looking at my foot grinder as he calls it and said that is a mini belt sander, it even has different grits. One day we were in Lowes and he found finger sander kit that has Velcro on it and you bough it according to grit size, he bought me 80 grit and 120 grit. I have been using this for a month and my feet are 100% better. I use the 80 grit first that knocks off the heavy stuff then go back over with the 120 and it just smooths it all out. It works so well that I got carried away the first couple of times and my heels hurt. But this is 5.95 for the sander and package of grit papers.

Google Shopsmith Micro Zip kit. I am telling you it's the best thing you can imagine for keeping your heels smooth.

Use it before you get in the shower then when you come out use your foot cream and socks, and I promise you will have new clean heels.

Whatever you do not use the cheese grater thing on your feet when you get a pedi. All that does it make your heels worse. You are cutting the skin and then it comes back thicker and your heals feel they have shards of glass. It's a vicious cycle, it makes them smooth for a couple of days then they are worse.

For 5.95 it worth a try and comes with several strips of grit paper.

Respected Contributor

@willdob3, your old one whimpered and died, lol!  I've had pretty good luck with mine but its days are proably numbered. I ordered an electric Emjoi Micro-Pedi from Amazon a while back. I like it but it is not like the newer ones. Mine is the same size and shape as the battery type only with a cord.

Honored Contributor

@Silver Lining wrote:

@willdob3, your old one whimpered and died, lol!  I've had pretty good luck with mine but its days are proably numbered. I ordered an electric Emjoi Micro-Pedi from Amazon a while back. I like it but it is not like the newer ones. Mine is the same size and shape as the battery type only with a cord.

@Silver Lining

Thanks. The one pictured is from Amazon & I will probably get it. The price is good and the shape is like my old one, too, so I know I'll like that. Like my old one only better sounds great!

The newer ones ones that I saw that are shaped differently were all battery or rechargeable. 

Honored Contributor

100 grit large emery board -- Sallys --  around a dollar.   Washable.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Electric version works well...problem refills are not cheap. Since moving to Fld able enjoy pedi every two weeks. Noticed grater like large shape paddle. Amazing contraption! Must locate where sold.
Honored Contributor

@willdob3

I have this one and it works great!

I bought if after buying the battery one when I saw how long and how many rollers it took to do a good job.

Bought mine on Amazon and it came with a card with a website listed where you can buy refill rollers at a much cheaper price!

This one works in half the time of the battery op ones.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

@granny me I'm gonna check this out. This is why I love this forum! My battery Emjoi died also. 

Valued Contributor

@wvumountiefan wrote:

@granny me I'm gonna check this out. This is why I love this forum! My battery Emjoi died also. 

So you don't hurt your heels buy your grit according to how bad your heels are. If they are really cracked with thick crust then go ahead with the 80 just don't take to much off the first time, then follow up with 120 grit it will smooth out the little pieces that are still there.  If you are heels aren't that bad then just go with the 120. For 5.95 you aren't losing that much if you don't like it. But with this you can cover the heel better and faster then with the emjoi. I was going through those rollers like crazy, my heels are so bad, this is cheaper.

Valued Contributor

For several years I thought my Emjoi was my callused feet's worst enemy. Last year I bought another gadget from Walgreen's that I like even better. Its cost was around $50. There is no identifying mark on it (bad idea from a marketing standpoint!), but I think it's made by Dr. Scholl. It seems like it has more 'horsepower' and requires less work.