Respected Contributor

Re: Newbie to IT cosmetics and..

I had trouble reading the font, too. It was compressed and slanted and ran together. Not everyone will, but some of us did have difficulty. At the top of the posting box, there are letters to change font and italics--you highlight your text and hit the letters to change the look of the font while you are editing. FYI

Meanwhile--yes, IT is a great line. I find I use it more and more. I have the face vitality disk, which I love as it's one stop blush, bronze and highlight. And I like the eyeshadows for their texture. I use the CC cream which really makes your face look fresh. I am not as fond of the Bye Bye Undereye as it's a bit sticky, but it does cover undereye dark circles well--I like the other formula for concealer. The big blush/highlighter brush works very well.

The only IT product I didn't much like is the waxy eyebrow pencil. I prefer powder, personally. 

Super Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:

That's what made me really like the brand. It covered my acne spots without looking cakey and thick. I've thought about the cc cream. Can you compare to feeling and coverage to the bye bye under eye? I also love the fact that Jamie makes the color light (ultra fair). It's my perfect color.

The CC cream is thinner than Bye Bye Under Eye; that concealer is pretty thick! The coverage is also not as heavy duty, but it still offers solid medium to full coverage. To me, the CC cream offers awesome coverage and feels like nothing on.

I have used Bye Bye Under Eye as foundation, and it takes some work to spread it out, and you're also aware that it's on your face (it looks great, though). With the CC cream, it's easy to apply, feels and looks great, and wears well. Do use a finishing powder, though, as it can appear shiny without it. It's also got SPF 50+. That's a bonus!

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yeah I just bought the bye bye pores, only used it 2x so far. What I like is you only need a small amount because I'm not a big fan of any powder because it always seems drying on me and this doesn't seem like that. The bye bye under eye I use such a small amount It blows my mind how it cover and stays with a little powder. My husband couldn't be leave how good it looked and I didn't look like a crazy makeup face. I'll have to pay attention when she does the super size of both products.

Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:

Before I posted it kept telling me there was an error. When I just went in to go try to change it. it kept showing me an error message and won't let me change it. I'm sorry if it's hard to read. It might be because I'm using a cell phone. But this post looks normal on my end.

Did the error message include the acronym "HTML"? If so, just ignore it next time and go ahead and submit your comment.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

OK. I just tried it again and it said "an error has occurred". I have a droid phone. I don't have a computer and sometimes things can go crazy with this website. I find the page jumps around a lot too. That makes my eyes go crazy and I'm constantly pushing things I'm not supposed to pushing.

Respected Contributor

Hi ~ Happy to hear that you are finding some IT products that work well for you.  

I can't get a good color match on any of the liquid CC's, but I do have a couple of must haves.

The new Pressed Finishing Powder with the Ball Brush.  This stuff works amazingly for me.  No mess.  No fuss.

I also make my own Bronzer color from IT products.  I mix 1/2 jar of the loose (white) Finishing Powder with a 1/2 jar of the loose Bronzing powder.  Then I mix in about a 1/2 tsp. of the loose Illuminizing Powder.  

It's a mess to open the individual containers, mix it up, and put it back in...but I now have the color down just right, and I just LOVE it.

I do hate the mess of loose powders.  I close off all holes in the top but 1, and have to give a few good taps to get some out into the lid.  I never thought I could find a bronzer that worked so well for me.

Enjoy your new finds.  

If you want to change the tenor of your interactions, you must become aware of the impact of your words...Karen Casey
Regular Contributor

I love the CC cream.  I've realized that this is now my HG foundation. I keep going back to it. I just wish that they would come out with a color between fair and light. I have to mix the two colors everytime and it gets to be a pain (and expensive to have to have 2 tubes all of the time).  I look like I just have great skin, not ok skin with a great foundation Smiley Wink

I also love the loose Bye Bye Pores (don't care for the pressed compact).

The Bye Bye Undereye is also great. I use it to cover red spots and to lighten under my eye. It's a great concealer and doesn't cause me to break out.

I've never purchased just a brush...all of mine came with something else that I purchases, but they are great brushes. I use an angled brush with a white handle to apply my CC cream (came with one of the TSVs).

I have a Vitality Face Disk that I got with a TSV and I really like the bronzer and blush color.  The highlighter is ok, if I'm not careful I just end up looking shiny!

Honored Contributor

@shiloh 81 wrote:

OMG I'm loving the bye bye undereye for a foundation with bye bye pores loose translucent powder. I've always wondered about this brand don't know why it took me so long to try IT. The brushes really are amazing. Does anyone have a favorite IT cosmetics product or brush? Please tell me, I would love to know other products they have that are good.😃

@shiloh 81 wrote:

OMG I'm loving the bye bye undereye for a foundation with bye bye pores loose translucent powder. I've always wondered about this brand don't know why it took me so long to try IT. The brushes really are amazing. Does anyone have a favorite IT cosmetics product or brush? Please tell me, I would love to know other products they have that are good.😃

See the difference? I'm not going to even bother reading a post written in a font that makes me work so hard. Just because we can play around with fonts and styles doesn't always mean we should. But hey, part of my real world job is fixing other people's PowerPoint slides so they're actually readable, so don't everybody decide to be legible at once. Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

I also am enjoying many of IT products. I use to use mostly Laura Geller but not any more. I love the CC Illuminination cream foundation and the Bye Bye Under eye with the brush that comes with it. The eye liners do last all day until I take them off. I also love Build A Brow, eye shadows, cream blush etc!! Just to name a few!!
Super Contributor

Thanks everyone. I will check out some things next time I get to Ulta.