Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden that’s a very nice hairstyle. I talk a good game but I am a chicken at getting my haircut. What I have been doing is getting my hair cut in steps, every time I go she cuts a little more. I do it this way because like I said I’m chicken, but also this way no one will notice I have shorter hair, it won’t be a drastic change.

Honored Contributor

So  got back home from the salon a while ago....I like the shorter hair. It is about shoulder length...cut off about 10 inches. Will have to play with it tomorrow and see how I want to style it.  I have a new  beach waver I bought a couple of years ago, and never used...so will try it out. 

Thanks for all the encouragement you ladies offered me. 🙂❤️

Honored Contributor

Congrats @SeaMaiden !  Hope you like it.  Please take a pic.  Smiley Happy 

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden That's what my hair looks like now--only lighter.  Go for it!  I think you will love it!  

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Congrats on the new haircut. 

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

Good Luck!

The hairstyle looks easily doable by using gel when you blow dry and using hot rollers or a 1 1/2 in curling iron.

Don't brush the curls out, finger comb.

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden 

I loved the styles of both pictures you posted!  How are you liking your new do?  Is it easy to do yourself?  I hope you like it and it's what you want.  I wish I were as brave as you!  I always think I will do something like this and then I chicken out!  I am terrible at styling hair and would probably be all thumbs.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Re: New week, new haircut

[ Edited ]

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

@SeaMaiden 

I loved the styles of both pictures you posted!  How are you liking your new do?  Is it easy to do yourself?  I hope you like it and it's what you want.  I wish I were as brave as you!  I always think I will do something like this and then I chicken out!  I am terrible at styling hair and would probably be all thumbs.  

@AngelPuppy1  Good Morning! It is a challenge to put the time aside to use my beach waver to other appliance to style my shorter hair now. I have been use to just sticking it up on top of my head- and done with it.  

Interesting that the other day I styled it with beachy waves and my Husbande actually gave me A COMPLIMENT 😧 saying my hair looked nice.  He NEVER gives me a compliment...just not his nature....Hmmm....

yes,it takes time to style your hair...thus why rich people like the KarTRASH IAN's have stylists at their beckon and call😄

@ECBG  Thanks for the suggestion...I am having a hard time using the diffuser....can you dry it naturally without a diffuser and not mess up the natural curl? 

Honored Contributor

Re: New week, new haircut

[ Edited ]

@SeaMaiden 

You can air dry your perm naturally if you don't want the extra curl and volume from the gel which needs to be dried.

Drying the gelled hair as you crimp the curls, as well as holding the dryer under the hair helps you be able to to create and support the volume of my style.

The style you pictured could be flat without support.  The hair is out from her face and holding soft curl from large curlers or a large curling iron.

Honored Contributor

I wish I had this woman's hair!  I love that style but my hair is so thin and fine, it would look dreadful on me.