Honored Contributor

New week, new haircut

[ Edited ]

I think  am going to go get a REAL haircut and style this week after 5 years of growing my hair out and not cutting it except for tipping the ends myself.  This is the type of style I am going to ask for.  Right now my hair is halfway down my back and just too long to really style. Just tired of long hair.   I hope I get the courage to really make the appointment! 

PS:  I made the appointment for Wednesday.... now lets see if I do not freak out and cancel.... LOL!

a4f2c73cce1b8a880fc461f5b3e93219.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden  Good for you! I think a shorter stylish cut will look great. And if you aren't happy it will always grow. Nothing to lose.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

I wear my hair in a spikey pixie so this style still is very long in my terms.

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden I think this will look really good, and its a big change without being too big at first! I think you will like it! Good Luck! Let us know how it goes...

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I think  am going to go get a REAL haircut and style this week after 5 years of growing my hair out and not cutting it except for tipping the ends myself.  This is the type of style I am going to ask for.  Right now my hair is halfway down my back and just too long to really style. Just tired of long hair.   I hope I get the courage to really make the appointment!a4f2c73cce1b8a880fc461f5b3e93219.jpg

I LOVE THIS CUT and style. I wish I was brave enough to do it, I've never had my hair above my shoulders but I adore hair styles like this and wish I would just do it!! NO MORE TANGLES!!! Grrr

Honored Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

I wear my hair in a spikey pixie so this style still is very long in my terms.

@ID2    I want a length I can use my beach waver with  and have fun with down.. and still be able to put up on top of my head... I like using hair pieces to for updos... so this length is a good length for that. 

My hair now is about 8 inches longer than this length of style so that will be quite a change for me!

Trusted Contributor

Make the appointment and get your hair cut. I realized it had been exactly two years since my last cut. I was tired of dealing with my hair so went in for a cut. My stylist took off about 8" -- it feels so much better now and is easier to deal with. Mine is too short to put in an updo but I can always grow it out if I get tired of styling it everyday. Remember it's hair and it will grow back with time. 

Respected Contributor

@SeaMaiden   that is a lovely style, go for it!   

i get too neurotic with my hair short. got it chopped off in a RA Bob 12 ys ago and cried for weeks and weeks...

Honored Contributor

@SeaMaiden    That is a really good length in that picture.  It has different layers.  When women wear their hair long (middle of back length) unless you have thick hair that curls, the hair ends up straight and not attractive.  I hope you make your appt.

kindness is strength
Valued Contributor

Good Luck.  I think that is an attractive style.  I have naturally curly hair and have always wanted that look, but can't achieve it.  Let us know if you follow thru.