Valued Contributor

Well I use Garnier micellar water.  The type I use is the  blue cap that works on waterproof mascara.  Well this works so well I decided to clean my dingy looking side soles of some of my sketchers....back to white.   Thought I would pass that one on.

Honored Contributor

Re: New use for micellar water

@Gayle2 wrote:

Well I use Garnier micellar water.  The type I use is the  blue cap that works on waterproof mascara.  Well this works so well I decided to clean my dingy looking side soles of some of my sketchers....back to white.   Thought I would pass that one on.

@Gayle2 

I’d never have thought to try that! 

I have the same product but I rarely use it; I usually use the wipes to remove my makeup. I’ll have to try it on my dingy soles.

Honored Contributor

If it can clean the dirty side walls of my sneakers I'm not sure I would want it on my face!

Honored Contributor

IMHO, micellar water is not good to use on your skin...it's a basically a petroleum-based chemical solvent similar to paint thinner. It's no wonder that it can clean side walls of sneakers! i

Frequent Contributor

This is not something I would buy if it can clean things like that lol!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I don’t think it’s an indicator that it’s harsh. I use face wipes to clean my feet and sandals at the end of the day and they are not harsh at all.

Honored Contributor

I toss my skechers (and DH's) in the washer. They come out beautifully colored & white side walls alike.

I also use micellar on my face to remove makeup, never thouth of using it for anythnig else.

Honored Contributor

I bought some micellar water once and didn't like it. So now I use it to 'quick-clean' my makeup brushes. Just put a little on a paper towel then swipe my brushes on it....back 'n forth until they come clean. Works like a charm.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

IMHO, micellar water is not good to use on your skin...it's a basically a petroleum-based chemical solvent similar to paint thinner. It's no wonder that it can clean side walls of sneakers! i

I thought this was suppose to be gentle on are face!

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I use Simple micellar water at times and so far have had no problems with it.  I have extremely sensitive skin and - knock on wood --- have had not issues so far.  It doesn't seem irritating at all.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin