Respected Contributor

Hello everyone!

I've been lurking for quite a while and learning a lot from all of the great people on the Wen board.

I've been using Wen for a little over a year now and I just love it. I used to damage my hair with perms and it just got to the point where it wouldn't grow anymore. I tried all kinds of shampoos but none of them did any good so I finally decided to try Wen and I haven't looked back! I have fine, thin hair with a very oily scalp but dry ends and my hair just loves Wen. For the first time in my life I can actually get a comb through my hair. Before it was a tangled mess, plus I struggled with static hair which I also haven't had any of since I switched to Wen. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I find that I can pretty much use most of the Wen formulas with the exception of LAV which just dried my hair out. I mainly use TT on my scalp and FIG on my ends. My favorite seasonal is SMC. {#emotions_dlg.wub} I have one bottle left that I'm trying not to use up too fast. {#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Respected Contributor

Well, Hello Dere!

I love Wen too! My hair was damaged because of coloring and shampooing. It was down to my waist but all chopped up and brittle and fanned out in frizz. I cut it all off up to my ears. The salon person was a bit intimidated because I guess they were scared I'd flip out or something but I said cut it all off and they did a great job. After that I have used Wen ONLY for 4.5 years and cut it a few times after that now, I don't color and it's back down to my waist and NO split ends. I just need a trim time to time for a nice blunt edge. I don't like my color because well, actually I'm losing my color but I want no chemicals in it. It's turning platinum, yek! Like I always say, there is a bright side because Wen imparts a deep shine and bounce. I'm glad you like Wen too. I love to compare notes on tips too. I took the time to notice, I'm a kitty lover too! xo

Respected Contributor

Hi, and welcome! I lurked here for about a year before I ever tried WEN...so much good advice on this board. Been WEN-ing for about a year now. My hair is not like yours at all, but I've used all the formulas except Fig and CA...they all work well, except for 613. If I use that more than once a month, my hair gets dry & frizzy. Prior to WEN, my hair was damaged from highlighting and heat-styling. I'm now growing out my highlights, and only having a toner applied every 4 months. No more hot brushes or flat-irons, either--just blow dry and style with a round brush (Chaz's brush). My hair is fuller, lots of new growth, shiney, and more manageable than ever. WEN is good stuff!

Respected Contributor
On 12/29/2014 sjk73 said:

Well, Hello Dere!

I love Wen too! My hair was damaged because of coloring and shampooing. It was down to my waist but all chopped up and brittle and fanned out in frizz. I cut it all off up to my ears. The salon person was a bit intimidated because I guess they were scared I'd flip out or something but I said cut it all off and they did a great job. After that I have used Wen ONLY for 4.5 years and cut it a few times after that now, I don't color and it's back down to my waist and NO split ends. I just need a trim time to time for a nice blunt edge. I don't like my color because well, actually I'm losing my color but I want no chemicals in it. It's turning platinum, yek! Like I always say, there is a bright side because Wen imparts a deep shine and bounce. I'm glad you like Wen too. I love to compare notes on tips too. I took the time to notice, I'm a kitty lover too! xo

My hair is about bra strap length and I'm trying to grow it out so I haven't had the courage to have too much of it cut off yet. Sometimes I think about just chopping it off but I don't really want my hair to be shorter than it is now. {#emotions_dlg.unsure} I did get highlights a few times but my hair obviously couldn't deal with that so I decided to stick with my natural hair color. I've been using the Wen oils and the new hair growth looks great so I'll just patiently wait until I only have Wen hair left. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Yes, I'm a total cat lady. I have three cats. {#emotions_dlg.wub}

Respected Contributor
On 12/29/2014 vermint said:

Hi, and welcome! I lurked here for about a year before I ever tried WEN...so much good advice on this board. Been WEN-ing for about a year now. My hair is not like yours at all, but I've used all the formulas except Fig and CA...they all work well, except for 613. If I use that more than once a month, my hair gets dry & frizzy. Prior to WEN, my hair was damaged from highlighting and heat-styling. I'm now growing out my highlights, and only having a toner applied every 4 months. No more hot brushes or flat-irons, either--just blow dry and style with a round brush (Chaz's brush). My hair is fuller, lots of new growth, shiney, and more manageable than ever. WEN is good stuff!

I agree that 613 can be too much sometimes. Sometimes I'll only use that but for the most part it works best if I just mix it with another CC.

I had highlights three or four times but realized that my hair was already too damaged and didn't need more chemicals so I'm also trying to just grow out my hair. I've been using the oils and have lots of new growth, so at this point I just blow dry and style with a round brush. The flat iron usually only comes out once a month, if even that.

Respected Contributor
On 12/29/2014 KittieLover123 said:

I agree that 613 can be too much sometimes. Sometimes I'll only use that but for the most part it works best if I just mix it with another CC.

I had highlights three or four times but realized that my hair was already too damaged and didn't need more chemicals so I'm also trying to just grow out my hair. I've been using the oils and have lots of new growth, so at this point I just blow dry and style with a round brush. The flat iron usually only comes out once a month, if even that.

I neglected to mention that I use the oils as well, and really like them. My hair is thick, cut in chin-length layered bob that gets cut every two months, so the "growing out the highlights" process is probably going faster for me! Plus, the toner helps blend the highlights with my natural color (graying dark brown).

I see you have 3 kitties...so do I! Two at home and one at the office. Gotta love 'em!

Respected Contributor

I neglected to mention that I use the oils as well, and really like them. My hair is thick, cut in chin-length layered bob that gets cut every two months, so the "growing out the highlights" process is probably going faster for me! Plus, the toner helps blend the highlights with my natural color (graying dark brown).

I see you have 3 kitties...so do I! Two at home and one at the office. Gotta love 'em!

Yes, it will probably take me a little while before I get rid of all of the highlights in my hair, but I'll get there eventually!

Cats are great. They're like little people with their own personalities. Mine get to be my office cats when I work at home.

Frequent Contributor

Yes, it will probably take me a little while before I get rid of all of the highlights in my hair, but I'll get there eventually!

Cats are great. They're like little people with their own personalities. Mine get to be my office cats when I work at home.

Welcome.

I too love Wen and have 2 kitties. Mollie and Millie, they are like my daughters. Never a dull moment!

Respected Contributor
On 12/29/2014 cp59 said:

Welcome.

I too love Wen and have 2 kitties. Mollie and Millie, they are like my daughters. Never a dull moment!

Thank you!

Exactly. They always keep you on your toes. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Respected Contributor
Welcome! So glad to hear you are enjoying Wen. I have been using Wen for 2 1/2 years. I love it, and like you, I will never look back. Enjoy!
Smiley Happy Hilary
Wen girl for 10 years!!