Respected Contributor

Re: New tinted MINERAL sunscreen I am LOVING!!

@mistriTsquirrel

I was thinking that by the time I run out of this sunscreen, the furor would have died down and the AG might be restocked but you might be right! 

Respected Contributor

@cw88 wrote:

How do you think it would be with oily skin?

thanks--

I think it would work well, and I saw some reviews of people with oily skin that liked it. I would read reviews first, if you'd like more info on that. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

How dark is the tint? My skin is medium-tan and anything with zinc or titanium oxide casts a ghostly look on me.

It's light-medium, but I saw one reviewer on Ulta that said it worked for her with light skin, and her husband with darker skin. Angie from Hot N Flashy will show it in her video to better help you determine. There might even be additional reviews online with pictures on blogs, etc. HTH!!

Respected Contributor

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@SilleeMee  She said Hot And Flashy on YouTube did a review on it. 

I found it, but haven't watched it yet.  I'm betting she shows the shade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fugvap8J6EM&spfreload=10

Thanks @mistriTsquirrel. I watched it and she showed what it looked like right out of the tube and on the face. She said it was better for people with oily skin and dry skin people would probably not like it. I'm passing this one up because I think it would look too light on my skin and I also have dry skin so this would not be good for me.

Thanks @SilleeMee, for letting me know about the dry skin aspect.  Now I know it's probably not for me either.  Smiley Very Happy

@mistriTsquirrel I have dry skin and haven't had any issues. I just apply a regular, non-active moisturizer on top of my am serums and before this, and I haven't had any issue at all!

Esteemed Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@mistriTsquirrel wrote:

@SilleeMee  She said Hot And Flashy on YouTube did a review on it. 

I found it, but haven't watched it yet.  I'm betting she shows the shade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fugvap8J6EM&spfreload=10

Thanks @mistriTsquirrel. I watched it and she showed what it looked like right out of the tube and on the face. She said it was better for people with oily skin and dry skin people would probably not like it. I'm passing this one up because I think it would look too light on my skin and I also have dry skin so this would not be good for me.

Thanks @SilleeMee, for letting me know about the dry skin aspect.  Now I know it's probably not for me either.  Smiley Very Happy

@mistriTsquirrel I have dry skin and haven't had any issues. I just apply a regular, non-active moisturizer on top of my am serums and before this, and I haven't had any issue at all!

@FUTURE  That's good.  I may try it then.

I wonder if my mom would like it.  I bought her some of her regular mineral sunscreen moisturizer, but the packaging looked different, and if they changed the formula I'm not sure she'll like it anymore.  I'll have to keep this in mind as an alternative if she doesn't like the Alba stuff anymore.  I'm also thinking she should probably be using a higher SPF than what her current stuff has.  And the stuff she uses now isn't tinted.  She has to add something sheer on top to add color.  This could cut out a step for her, perhaps.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Respected Contributor

@FUTURE  It's my new found favorite face sunscreen as well! I also bought it because of Angie's recommendation.

@cw88  I have oily skin and it works great for me.

Regular Contributor

@FUTURE @momoftwo2007  Thanks, I will give it a try!  I saw a tester in Ulta and it looked creamy, so I wondered if it would work with oily skin. I even spotted this brand in my Walmart.   

Frequent Contributor

I bought this sunscreen after seeing it on Angie's youtube video too and I love it too!  have combo skin, oily tzone and it is perfect for me.   Not oily at all and it acts like a perfect primer, my foundation lasts much longer with this and I don't get near as oily .... I also bought from Ulta and got the BOGO deal.... I highly recommend this. 

Respected Contributor

@FUTURE My CVS carries Australian Gold by Botanica. I saw it for the face & body. Its a new product at my CVS.