Respected Contributor

Re: New study on effects of UV drying lights

[ Edited ]

I have a UV Nail Light that does ONE Nail. That's about how "invested" Im into Gel (home) nails for now.  So small, it only houses the tip of one finger, not the whole hand & fingers. Still, tho, UV light.

But gel nails are soooo pretty!    & so creative!

@fairydogmother   @Icegoddess  & @Beauties

Thanks for posting this article abt UV Light!  I love the option to be able to make "informed choices" for myself.

Trusted Contributor

@SurferWife
Ditto to INFINITY ❤️
Honored Contributor

I like the look of gel manicures but my nails suffer so damage after removal. That's what I'm worried about, not the five minutes under UV light. Could you put sunscreen on before using it though you'd have to be careful not to smudge your nail polish.  

Honored Contributor

@GenXmuse wrote:

I like the look of gel manicures but my nails suffer so damage after removal. That's what I'm worried about, not the five minutes under UV light. Could you put sunscreen on before using it though you'd have to be careful not to smudge your nail polish.  

I think when this news first came out they did recommend using sunscreen.  I would think putting the sunscreen on BEFORE adding the polish would be eaiser, but you would then need to clean your nails before adding your polish.  But, I thought sunscreen needed time to work.  Don't they recommend you apply your sunscreen 15 to 30 minutes before exposure?