Esteemed Contributor

New product being offered.. could it be a replacement for.....

I got  two Insiders at the same time.  QVC must have heard me complaining or begging or whatever.  In any case in the February issue is a product being offered by someone name Orlando Pita (not up on the latest so I never heard of him)  In any case looks like hair products. My first thought was who is this guy?? My second thought was ARE THEY PLANNING TO REPLACE WEN.  It is for hair and WEN has some legal issues.  Thinking they might changing over to avoid problems.  I would if it were my business.  

In any case I am a drug store- box store cosmetic buyer.  I don't spend big bucks on beauty products.  I would rather spend  my vast fortune on gadgets.  

Honored Contributor

Re: New product being offered.. could it be a replacement for.....

It could be anything, buty keep in mind that all the time they've been selling WEN, they've offered us other haircare, too.

Also, keep in mind that with all the lawsuits over tobacco and with dangers of tobacco very well established, we can still buy tobacco pretty much everywhere - except CVS!

I'm using WEN, but if QVC stops selling it, I'm heading to the drugstore for haircare -  during my WEN years that whole section of the shelves has changed, so there's plenty to explore.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I doubt they are getting rid of WEN. I think they are offering more options. Not everyone uses WEN or Nick Chavez, so why not offer more variety. I see many complaints on this forum about QVC not offering new products. Maybe this is a new product in addition to the the other hair care items they sell.

Honored Contributor

QVC sells lots of hair care products, including Alterna, Nick Chavez, Drybar, Keranique, Philosophy, Callista, and more. The idea that adding a new vendor means they're replacing WEN is a conclusion jump the size of the grand canyon.

And many, MANY companies have had and even lost class action lawsuits against them and still have good reputations. Toyota, Honda, Apple, AT&T, Amazon, Walmart, Facebook, Target, Citibank, and countless others. Class action lawsuits are extremely survivable, ESPECIALLY one that hasn't even gone to court yet.

Honored Contributor

They aren't stupid- WEN is their best selling haricare line so until sales drop down really really low, like negligible, it isn't going anywhere. I know some wish it were but it isn't, lol.

Orlando Pita's line has been at Costco for at least a year now. It is not a new line, just new to QVC. There is another new line on QVC for haircare too, Lisa Chiccine. Never heard of it.

QVC has always had several haircare lines offered, you just hardly ever see them because WEN is their best seller, but they are there. Nick Chavez, Alterna, Living proof, Calista, Peter Thomas Roth, Philosophy, Bliss, Jonathan, Dr. Gross, Olivella, keranique, Dry Bar,  Agave (this was new on QVC awhile back and no one said anything about that, lol), etc. Yep, ALL on QVC and none has pushed WEN out yet, much to many's chagrin, lol.  Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

To me his products seem to be more competition for the Nic C. like line, same general formulation, similar products.  

No likeness to the WEN concept.

I so doubt WEN will go anywhere unless Chaz decides to leave.

As mentioned upstream, changing over because of class action suits?  

pfffftttt.png

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

I have heard of him and have seen his products mentioned in Allure and InStyle magazines. I am interested to see what he has and maybe try 1 or 2 products. I don't think bringing  him to QVC means someone else is leaving. It's just more choices and competition that aids the consumer.

Esteemed Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I got  two Insiders at the same time.  QVC must have heard me complaining or begging or whatever.  In any case in the February issue is a product being offered by someone name Orlando Pita (not up on the latest so I never heard of him)  In any case looks like hair products. My first thought was who is this guy?? My second thought was ARE THEY PLANNING TO REPLACE WEN.  It is for hair and WEN has some legal issues.  Thinking they might changing over to avoid problems.  I would if it were my business.  

In any case I am a drug store- box store cosmetic buyer.  I don't spend big bucks on beauty products.  I would rather spend  my vast fortune on gadgets.  

When I see a new thread, I usually look - what's the subject? And if it's of an interest to me, I may follow and may participate in a thread.

But in this OP I am not able to discern - what is this thread actually about? I clearly see at least FOUR subjects being raised:

A product being offered by someone name Orlando Pita

ARE THEY PLANNING TO REPLACE WEN

I am a drug store- box store cosmetic buyer.  I don't spend big bucks on beauty products

I would rather spend my vast fortune on gadgets

So OP, which one you would like to discuss? Orlando Pita product? WEN being replaced? The fact you don't spend money here and not buying cosmetics on QVC? or rather - Gadgets?

According to a bold print - it must be WEN. THIS must be your main question.

Okay, then I'll try to answer  - NO! and No Way. Not until pigs fly and QVC becomes a non-profit charity organization.