Super Contributor

Re: New product alert. Bareminerals complexion rescue

I did not like it. No coverage but worse, after I had it on a couple of hours my face was scary shiny. I mean like a cue ball. Scared myself when I looked in the mirror. Plus the shade had darkened from when I first put it on making it to dark on me(Vanilla Shade). I have an oily T zone. Maybe it works better on dry skin.

Honored Contributor

On 1/22/2015 naturalfan said:
On 1/12/2015 winamac1 said:

I received a sample just yesterday. Meh...nothing to write home about. It did nothing--meaning it had NO coverage at all. It wasn't even comparable to a tinted moisturizer. I wouldn't buy it for $10.

I tried it at Sephora today. I agree - no coverage. Maybe the intent is for you to wear the Bare Minerals over this product? I have enough other tinted moisturizers and makeup I still need to use up. I am not going to purchase either.

It had less coverage than any other tinted moisturizer I've ever used. I was so unimpressed in it. I tried it several times and would never buy it. I'm probably going to pitch my sample they made up as I don't like it.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Valued Contributor

I really was so excited to try this, but I was very disappointed. I wear fair in matte and original foundations and Bare Shell in Bare Skinn. I found the Opal a bit light for my skin. The coverage was super, super sheer. I tried using more to build it up to medium, but I could never get there. It made my forehead appear as if I had little bumps (no other foundation does that on me). It wasn't drying and I didn't find the shine it gave too over-the-top. I am sending mine back and I won't buy it again.

Trusted Contributor

In the end, I returned it. Although I got a perfect color match and it was very lightweight, I need just a LITTLE more coverage. My go to product is Josie's Argan Tinted Moisturizer.

Respected Contributor

I went and got a color match and put it on yesterday for the first time. I love it!!!

It's just the moisture I need this time of year. The coverage is meant to be light and not heavy. Why don't people get that?

I just used of dusting of my Everyday Minerals foundations and it looks so dewy and fresh.

I was using Clinique's CC cream and it was just too heavy and mask like and didn't hep at all in the winter. Just cakey.

Honored Contributor

I recently purchased this from Ulta. Giving it a test drive now in the Neutral. So far, so good. Just a little color which is all I want. I am BE fairly light.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Trusted Contributor

On 2/9/2015 Melania2 said:

I went and got a color match and put it on yesterday for the first time. I love it!!!

It's just the moisture I need this time of year. The coverage is meant to be light and not heavy. Why don't people get that?

I just used of dusting of my Everyday Minerals foundations and it looks so dewy and fresh.

I was using Clinique's CC cream and it was just too heavy and mask like and didn't hep at all in the winter. Just cakey.

I ""GET"" it that it is supposed to be light to medium coverage but I was told at the boutique that the coverage is BUILDABLE and I don't find that it is.

Valued Contributor

On 2/9/2015 turtle52 said:

I "GET" it that it is supposed to be light to medium coverage but I was told at the boutique that the coverage is BUILDABLE and I don't find that it is.

I "get" it, too, but I could not see ANY coverage, not even light coverage. I also was told the coverage was buildable and I could never get the coverage to build at all, no matter how much I used. I think they should tell you that when you purchase it.

Super Contributor

On 2/9/2015 customerQ--V--C said:
On 2/9/2015 turtle52 said:

I "GET" it that it is supposed to be light to medium coverage but I was told at the boutique that the coverage is BUILDABLE and I don't find that it is.

I "get" it, too, but I could not see ANY coverage, not even light coverage. I also was told the coverage was buildable and I could never get the coverage to build at all, no matter how much I used. I think they should tell you that when you purchase it.

I find that it is indeed buildable...maybe it has more to do with your skin type? I have dry skin and this gives me good coverage without being pancake. I don't get the makeup settling into my lines and pores, instead it blends very nicely. I suppose each person is different.

Trusted Contributor

Saw the display in Macy's today. Tubes seem to be very tiny.