Super Contributor

Re: New product alert. Bareminerals complexion rescue

CarolW I feel the same way. I don't think the q is promoting them like they used to as well and I don't know why. It is just the same ol same ol around here, and it doesn't have to be. If BM could just produce some Q only kits, have shows monthly would sure help, I just dont understand why they are not on as much anymore. I am sick to death of Philosophy and It, they get way more playtime than any other brand and they do not have near the same amount of products from which to air. Seems to me the beauty is slipping on the Q, I think they have just been on auto pilot so long that now the whole dept needs to be overhauled. Just look at the threads on this forum, the popular and most read are for other products on another network. Just goes to show you that customers are sure looking elsewhere for their beauty. BM could sure help the Q out, we the customers are here, just waiting to purchase something new and exclusive

Trusted Contributor

Here's my review: I just got it and have worn it for three days. My go to product is Josie's Tinted Argan Moisturizer in Light 1. I was color matched at the boutique and got Buttercream (03) and it is a good match. I have golden tones in my skin so the Vanilla was too pink for me even though it is considered neutral. It is very lightweight--feels like I have nothing on and has light coverage. I applied it with my fingers; maybe the brush gives better coverage but I didn't buy it.

I still prefer Josie's Tinted Moisturizer since it gives a little more coverage but this is OK as I really don't have much to cover--only some redness and broken capillaries. I am in my 60's with normal skin and I don't find this to oily. HTH!

Esteemed Contributor

I'm really into Josie Maran's Tinted Moisturizer, but find myself intrigued by this new BE Complexion Rescue cream. Perhaps it's the mention of gel texture which made me think of a now defunct Sue DeVitt gel cream foundation I liked a lot.

I don't mind minimum coverage for daily wear. In fact, I prefer it. However, I am not hopeful that there will be an good color match for me, as I there isn't one which is ideal in Bare Skin Serum or the original powder, each of which have more than 20 shades.

It's nice to see QVC offering all of the available shades a brand makes for a change. The brush is a nice addition for an additional $10. If you are an Ulta Rewards customer, you may have received the Jan. offer code for 20% off a purchase. This is one of the rare ones where the discount can be used for the purchase of most prestige brand merchandise. There are prestige brand exclusions, but BE is not on that list.

Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

On 1/22/2015 naturalfan said:
On 1/12/2015 winamac1 said:

I received a sample just yesterday. Meh...nothing to write home about. It did nothing--meaning it had NO coverage at all. It wasn't even comparable to a tinted moisturizer. I wouldn't buy it for $10.

I tried it at Sephora today. I agree - no coverage. Maybe the intent is for you to wear the Bare Minerals over this product? I have enough other tinted moisturizers and makeup I still need to use up. I am not going to purchase either.

Thank you, thank you both! I just cancelled my order. I'll stick with the advance order on Laura Geller's new Liquid Makeup. You two girls just saved me almost 50 dollars!!! Thanks for your review.

Valued Contributor

On 1/23/2015 ginabfly said:
On 1/2/2015 Catstamper said:

They have a tinted moisturizer! I use it on weekends when I don't want to do foundation.

I'm curious about this, have you actually tried it Catstamper? If so what shade matches Fairly Medium? I use Fairly Medium too and the choice for cool tones is Opal 01 or Suede 04 which seems like a big jump from pale to medium.

I have the tinted moisturizer, don't remember what it's called, but I'll go look. I haven't tried the new Complexion Rescue. I think the TM comes in light, medium, etc... Will let you know.

Valued Contributor

BMSkincare SPF 20 Tinted Moisturizer - I found it at Sephora. It's a sheer tint, and the one I have is for combo skin.

Super Contributor

I tried it in a sample. It goes on nice, but it's very sheer. You have to have great skin to begin with to make this work. I have some hormonal breakouts on my chin and this didn't cover them at all. Also, if you use a concealer first, it makes the concealer more noticeable because the product is so sheer.

IF I ever have a perfect complexion, I'll try it, but it's a small tube and I'd be using more of it just to cover what I already get with the Bare Skin Foundation or the original foundation.

The models that are showing it today (Friday 1/30) all have perfect skin, so it looks perfect on them.

If anyone has tips for how this product covers blemishes and breakouts, I'd be intrigued.

Frequent Contributor

I don't think any tinted moisturizer will give very much coverage because the idea is to be light. The BB cream would give more coverage, or any of your other Bare Minerals foundations, of course.

I used to try to wear Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but it gave me hives. (Seriously, you should see my wedding pictures... Not pretty.) As far as consistency, this is the closest product I have encountered to that one.

I wear Fairly Medium Original foundation, or Bareskin in Shell. I tried this on in Ulta last weekend and Vanilla 02 seemed like a perfect match.

I'm not buying this product right now, since I currently own enough foundation to open a boutique thanks to QVC. I love the beauty shows, and I'm grateful for all I've learned, but I like Bare Minerals better than Laura Gellar or It for foundation. Fairly Medium and Bare Shell are my perfect match and I feel like I have control of the amount of coverage. I definitely need to apply some self tanner, but doing that will spike the "what color is my face today?" debate and it takes time to maintain/reach the right amount of self tanner which is a very different color than God gave me.

Super Contributor

I have been using this product for the past few days...I really like it. I am 54, light/medium olive skin (I opted for Neutral, which seems a good match). The ease of application makes this a no brainer foundation for me. I can get a nice medium coverage in about 2 minutes. I can get a fuller coverage if I let dry in between applications (about 5 mins to dry). I really like this product, and tried a full coverage look where I dusted original foundation on top, as I would MV. That gave me the best full coverage I've gotten from a BE product! It is very hydrating and seems to keep my skin dewy throughout the day. But it does not look nor feel greasy. I have no breakouts, and actually see that my pores look smaller in size (been using my Chanel le lift skin care underneath). I also like the gel consistency of the product. I give it high marks.