Honored Contributor

A275114

@Laura14

I struggled forever with concealer.

Above is the Doll10 product that has really made a huge difference for me.

Easy to use, only takes a tiny bit, doesn’t look ‘made-up’ AND Doll10 is Cruelty Frees.

Q only has one color available, but you can see all the shades on her site, same price.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Thank you @Drythe!  I'll take a peek.  

Honored Contributor

I would go to a department store and get help at a make-up counter.  They can find an exact match for your skin color and type.  I wouldn't try to order something blindly from QVC.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  Here are a couple of suggestions.  First, No. 7 foundations at Target.  The prices are under $20 and I just purchased the "Stay Perfect" foundation which is light to medium coverage.  They offer a wide variety.  Now on the higher end Chanel's Les Beiges is a beautiful foundation.  There are two.  One is in a square plastic bottle which I tried.  The finish was beautiful but I had the wrong shade.  It was $40 so I returned.  I may go into the store to see another shade.   It all depends on what you want to spend but I am extremely pleased with the No. 7.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I will check No 7 out @Katcat1.  I never remember Target for the good stuff.  Thank you!

Honored Contributor

Actually I see a thread now on it by you.  I think I have determined via the internet and my veins and jewelry that I am a fair complexion with cool undertones probably pink.  I guess when I see a product in person I will find out if that's right.  

Respected Contributor

Hi @Laura14.  Definitely make your way to an Ulta or Sephora.

Undereye circles have always been an issue for me.  I've been using It Bye Bye Undereye for years, but I don't love it.  I have the Tarte Shape Tape, and while I like it, it's dry.  I just got a teeny, tiny sample of Urban Decay's 24/7 concealer, and I loved it.  I will buy it when I run out of the It.  Possibly sooner.  I also love other Urban Decay products, including their 24/7 eyeliners and their shadows.  While I've tried others, I always come back to these.

As for foundation, I tried Laura Geller's Balance and Brighten several years ago.  I loved it, but It broke me out.  This year I've tried her Filter First liquid foundation, which I like, as well as Bare Minerals BarePro (liquid) foundation, which I also like.  

Sephora gives out samples, which is very helpful.  You'll need to experiment.  Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@Laura14The Neutrogena concealer probably isn't the wrong color. I just don't think that it has enough pigment in it to give you the coverage that you want.

Put a stripe of your concealer on your jaw line. Don't blend it in. How does the color look compared to your skin tone? More pink? More yellow? Too dark? Too light?

And, then tell us what shade it is. That may help, too.

Honored Contributor

So many choices --- it is overwhelming!  I have probably about 14 foundations in my collection right now and am about ready to pick a couple more!  I am never really totally happy with anything and am always looking for the "perfect" one.  Is there such a thing? For me, not so far!  

I would suggest Laura Geller Balance & Brighten powder foundation though if you have not tried it.  For me, it is what I keep going back to.  It is easy, quick, and for a powder, does not sink in or accentuate fine lines.  My only complaint about this product is I can't find the exact color I need.  I have the lightest shade and next lightest shade and what I need is a shade in between which they do not make.  But it is seriously a wonderful product.  

If you are going for ease and simplicity and something that does work, this might be one to try!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

@ItsME  Thank you!  I checked and I do have a Sephora at the local mall.  Once the holidays settle down and are over, I'll take a peek.  That's great that they'll give you samples to try at home.  I always get interrupted in the store by someone who wants to help me and I really prefer to just sit and try it myself without interference or a sales pitch.

@Dusty1  I did that this morning.  It is Neutrogena hydroboost concealer in Fair.   I put it on and I think you are dead right.  The pigment just isn't there.  I tried to do a bit more but then it just gets  to be too much product.  It looks cream maybe on my skin.  And if I had to pick a color, I'd say definitely yellow.  No pink.