Honored Contributor

@Kabella  I do like light coverage especially since I am doing not much right now and never really have. 

I am not sure about skin type.  If you mean do I get oily, I do not.  At least I don't think I do.  I really don't have any skin issues.  The only thing I know I can't use is one of PTR's night time creams which is too heavy for me and breaks me out.  I've not found any makeup that does that though.

If you mean skin color, my mother described me as a kid with peaches and cream complexion.  I think I am on the light side even though I shouldn't be with my Italian heritage so maybe I am wrong. 

I am totally lost when it comes to knowing what my types or colors are.  Someone has to look at me and let me know.  LOL  

Respected Contributor

I have very dry skin so most concealers just look dreadful after a few hours, even with Bobbi Brown super hydrating eye cream first.

So....for the past year I've been using Boiing Moisturizing concealer; comes in a pink tube and has the concealer in the center with a moisturizing ring around the outer area.  You can actually pick up more or less moisturizing stuff with your brush and customize it.

I also use Ooh La La Lift over it, a very light highlighting gel that disappears into skin but gives the area life.

I find that this duo (I got mine at HSN sold together by Benefit) really works well for me, does not get cakey or look too heavy. 

If I need more help I add a touch of cream highlighter (I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Brush On Glow in Soft Pink for my very fair skin) in the corners of my eyes and other places on face that need a bit of concealing or light, it's great.

Maybelling Age Defying as a highlighter in Pink that is very similar, not as creamy.

There are so many wonderful products out there now that I'm sure you'll find something that works for you.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Wow, I didn't realize concealer went other places or could highlight @author.  I am learning all kinds of things!

The concealer I use now that doesn't cover like it should is I think Neutrogena and it has the added rings around it to make it mositurizing.  I have no issues with it in terms of wear or application.  I really like those aspects of it.  It's just not covering the way I need it to which I know means it's the wrong color.  I may see if they have any other shades that may work better come to think of it.    

Respected Contributor

@Laura14You must have beautiful skin. From what you described your skin type is normal. If you want a light moisturzer that hydrates, I would suggest Josie Maran's Argan face butter. Her face butter on my skin which is normal but a bit more dryer in the cooler months, absorbs into my skin well. A good Drugstore brand is Cerave. (I use other products but I would rather keep this less confusing to start off) You do have a light complexion. I can only recommend what I use. You can get a sample of Bare Minerals Complexion Rescue spf 30. Its a light tinted hydrating Gel cream that has light coverage but can be built up. It does have a slight glow (no glitter) but if you want to tone it down than you can try their Mineral Veil translucent powder just applied lighty over it. I also have Bare Minerals original mineral foundation which is a powder. I also use Armani Silk foundation. They all are light but can be built up. They sell BM at Ulta & Armani at Sephora & if you would like to try different translucent powders than Sephora has a wider range HTH.

Honored Contributor

@Kabella  I think I have good genes really actually but thank you.  Josie Maran is another one on my list to try. 

Thank you so much for all the recommendations.  I will bring them with me on my visits.  I really appreciate the help!  

Esteemed Contributor

If you like stick foundations maybe try the Christopher Buckle one. Emily Noel did a review of it on youtube and it is one of her favorite foundations. Not sure if you can get it anywhere else then qvc.

Thd key to finding a color match for foundation is knowing your skin color and undertone. For years I thought I was medium and always had trouble with foundations. When I finally realized I am light neutral it’s very easy for me to pick a foundation.

Honored Contributor

@ccassaday  Exactly!  Once I can get someone to tell me or figure it out for myself, I'll be golden.  

Respected Contributor

@Laura14Your welcome!

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@tucsongal  Concealer would solve my biggest issue.  I just need to find one that works.  IT did not and I hate the texture of it. 

My mother gave me one of hers a long time ago when I was much younger that was perfect.  I didn't keep it because it wasn't a big deal at the time and now neither she nor I can remember who it was or what shade. Smiley Sad  I remember it came in a small green tub but I can not remember anything else about it unfortunately.  She thinks it may have been Covergirl.  

I do the same thing with the natural look except I do like eyeliner and some mascara.  I do have the Bye Bye pores powder which I like although I find PTR's pore putty does a better job for me and is easier to use so I usually pull that out instead when I have the time and think I need a little something extra.  

@Laura14 For concealer I use Bare Minerals Bisque and for eye concealer I use Bare Minerals something called "well rested".  The bisque (with the blurring brush) has been a game changer for me...my sister calls my foundation shade, "check for a pulse" so you know how pale I am...the bisque covers my lovely "angry red" rosacea.  I use a liquid foundation (Lancome) and follow it with powder.  After the powder I apply the bisque, then a finishing powder.  Hope this helps.

Honored Contributor

It does @Misplaced Parisian.  Thank you for sharing!