Super Contributor
I finally took the plunge & tried Madison Reed hair coloring. It is more expensive than the regular store brands. I had tried so many others & the color would usually turn somewhat brassy after a couple of weeks. Well I love Madison Reed Tuscany Brown. Color stays true till gray starts peaking through & my hair is in much better condition. I’m a fan now & intend to use it exclusively now.
Respected Contributor

I have found that it's not so much the COLOR I use, but the SHAMPOO I use after the color.  I have found that Wen does NOT change the color of my hair after I've colored it.  Most other shampoos do!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Super Contributor

I haven't changed shampoos. Just the hair color brand.

Honored Contributor

This is my favorite brand to use too!

Honored Contributor

I go to an Aveda salon & Aveda colors are so long-lasting and vibrant.  I've had others hairdressers use other brands that were not even close to being vibrant (reds, specifically) or long-lasting.  One I remember holding horribly on my hair was (pardon the misspelling) is Schwarzkopf.

Another excellent brand is L'Oréal Majirel.  I used to go to hairdresser who used that brand & the reds were spectacular!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Esteemed Contributor

Glad you found a brand you like. Enjoy!

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

That is good to hear.  I was always curious about that product.  I no longer color my hair but at least my curiosity is satisfied.

kindness is strength