Honored Contributor

@violann

I saw one of these at an expensive home in NJ last year, it was a nice idea, but the kitchen was huge so it could handle it. I would say if you have a smaller kitchen, then I would say not a good idea. JMO.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

We just bought a new refrigerator a couple of months ago.  After much research and reading Consumer Reports we chose this one:

GE Profile™ Series ENERGY STAR® 23.1 Cu. Ft. Counter-Depth French-Door Refrigerator

http://products.geappliances.com/appliance/gea-specs/PWE23KSDSS

We absolutely love it.  It's nicely organzied, quiet and well lit.  No more losing track of food in the back of the frig. 

Respected Contributor

Re: New fridge help needed

[ Edited ]

Cottonball, thanks for the rec.

No shock, fridge number two today also didn't fit the doorway and had to go back. Sigh, spent the afternoon  looking at fridges.  SA looked up dimensions and said only 3 in stock altogether will fit through our door (now they determine this)?  The largest of the 3 is still smaller than what we were using that died, lower tier quality-wise, and costs the most of the 3 ordered so far because it's counter depth. It is side by side and stainless. French doors I didn't love because the freezer is on the floor basically and I am short, felt like I'd have to climb into it to reach anything.

Not at all happy, and also not convinced this will fit in the house. Now I don't even know how they will get the dead one out!

Respected Contributor

Well we have a fridge!  It looks nice even though we have less interior space. It also sounds like a vaccuum running but hoping once it reaches opitmum temps it will be quieter.

Still aren't sure if we shut off the ice and water since we don't have the tubing.  DH had to reach up under a compartment to turn a knob you can't see, and push up a bar. Should be off but if you press dispense it makes a sound like it's trying to fill. Will talk to Frigidaire this week if we have issues with it.

Anyhoo, happy to have a fridge and a place for food that we ran out to get.  Hoping it works out and we are done!

Thanks again so much for all the input and words of encouragement everyone! Man Happy