Respected Contributor

Campion, I liked Whirlpool.  The issue was size or getting it fast.  If the Frigidaire (which I already regret and don't even have it yet) falls through, I will push for a Whirlpool if I can find one the right size. Going to show DH your post, thanks.

Trusted Contributor

Desk, our whirlpool is 65 &3/4" high,32 &3/4" wide. The lowes # is 3497. It's 21.7 cu. we wanted a larger one but the built in space is just large enough for this model so that's what we got. Very happy w/ it. 

Respected Contributor

Nrm, that and the same model only larger have to be ordered unfortunately. Otherwise it would probably be a yes! Wish we had time to browse.

Honored Contributor

The Whirlpool refrigerator we bought from HD was model WRS322FNAE

and its 21.6 cu. ft. of capacity and its fits a 33 in. opening, making it perfect for smaller spaces.

This fridge fits our area and is shorter in height than the previous French door with freezer bottom fridge we had.

Hope the delivery goes w/o any problems.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

JustJazz, thanks so much. We can if we have to, go to 35.5 inches width,  but also the depth is an issue. Ours sticks out at  29 inches deep and already blocks the dishwasher door when it's down. I don't want less interior space than our current 23.6 although DH thinks he does. Home Depot doesn't seem to have any in stock. You have to put in your zip and they tell you when you could get it.

Still waiting to late this afternoon to see if they have some magic to get a new one in here - if they come.

Super Contributor

Hi Desi1,  

With regards to getting into the kitchen, years ago we lived in a house built in the 50's, door frames and appliances were much smaller then.  When our fridge died, it was delivered and would not fit through the door (something we didn't think about), they ended up taking the doors off the fridge, got it in the kitchen put the doors back on. Aslo depending on the type of fridge sometimes you can change the side the doors are hinged on (our old one had the hinges on the left, on the new one we were able to change it so the hinges were on the right side). Hope this helps, I know it is not any fun when your fridge dies and takes your food with it.

Good luck 

tkins

Respected Contributor

Re: New fridge help needed

[ Edited ]

Hi guys - the sage continues!  

Tkins, thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

They showed up and even with removing the fridge doors, they needed another 1.5 inches to get in the doorway.  So  back it went, and Sat. they will bring a slightly smaller Whirlpool they told DH they have in stock. In white, UGH, but whatever at this point, as long as it fits with the doors removed. Nervous that it says not Ca. compliant.  Doesn't say why.  DH doesn't care at this point.  This is why we never remodeled and the house was built in 53' and the latest improvements were done before 87' (and not well).

So again I appreciate all the advice as always.Man Happy

Honored Contributor

@tkins wrote:

Hi Desi1,  

With regards to getting into the kitchen, years ago we lived in a house built in the 50's, door frames and appliances were much smaller then.  When our fridge died, it was delivered and would not fit through the door (something we didn't think about), they ended up taking the doors off the fridge, got it in the kitchen put the doors back on. Aslo depending on the type of fridge sometimes you can change the side the doors are hinged on (our old one had the hinges on the left, on the new one we were able to change it so the hinges were on the right side). Hope this helps, I know it is not any fun when your fridge dies and takes your food with it.

Good luck 

tkins

This brings back memories of me showing my youngest son how to reverse the doors on the dryer. When our utility room was updated, upgraded, we had the washing machine and dryer switch positions so now the door opens on the right hinge instead of the left hinge.

Our kitchen is small as well and I have to be careful when I open the refrigerator side of the fridge that the d/w door is not completely open! It's just one of those things we now have to be mindful of again.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

JustJazz glad you got a good memory about DS and the dryer out of this insanity, lol!  The ones we are looking at are all side by side so there isn't anything to be switched doorwise unfortunately.

Honored Contributor

Re: New fridge help needed

[ Edited ]

@Desi wrote:

Hi guys - the sage continues!  

Tkins, thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

They showed up and even with removing the fridge doors, they needed another 1.5 inches to get in the doorway.  So  back it went, and Sat. they will bring a slightly smaller Whirlpool they told DH they have in stock. In white, UGH, but whatever at this point, as long as it fits with the doors removed. Nervous that it says not Ca. compliant.  Doesn't say why.  DH doesn't care at this point.  This is why we never remodeled and the house was built in 53' and the latest improvements were done before 87' (and not well).

So again I appreciate all the advice as always.Man Happy

There are all kinds of full-size fridge door decals (even ones that replicate stainless steel) that you can buy - just Google it.

You can also use colorful magnets.

There's even a magnetic Scrabble letters kit, so you can post messages or words/phrases you enjoy.

Get creative and think OUT OF the proverbial box!