Respected Contributor

Hi all. Last night the freezer side of our side-by side died. Tomorrow will look for a new one.  Would appreciate suggestions for where to purchase, and what one you got recently that you love - or hate!  I remember a thread where people complained of loudness not sure the brand but I don't want noisy either. Don't need the ice-maker but not sure if you can find them without. I would like another side-by-side, DH would prefer anything but but my choice is less costly.  Thanks for any help you can offer.

Honored Contributor

Did you check out the models sold by QVC?  There are quite a few.  The least expensive side-by-side is a Samsung 25 cu. ft.

E279629

Trusted Contributor

And this thread is in the beauty section WHY?

Super Contributor

We got the samsung with the top refrigerator , with 1 drawer for deli and 1 drawer for freezer .It is the best item we have bought for the kitchen . It has tons of space .Quiet operation . No problems and have had it for 1 yr . Such good value It has the ice maker ouside with water filter so good . delicious water .

Respected Contributor

Thanks Valu and Liverbird! Please keep the suggestions coming will check them all out!  Doesn't need an ice-maker DH doesn't want to have piping run to install it.

Respected Contributor

@liver bird wrote:

We got the samsung with the top refrigerator , with 1 drawer for deli and 1 drawer for freezer .It is the best item we have bought for the kitchen . It has tons of space .Quiet operation . No problems and have had it for 1 yr . Such good value It has the ice maker ouside with water filter so good . delicious water .

Love our Samsung.  Previously, we had a GE Profile and it was just terrible.  Half a dozen service calls under warranty but GE would not replace it.  Finally had a enough of half frozen food being tossed and soured items.  That Samsung rocks!  Think I might have the same one as @Liverbird1. HTH

must have something to do with beauty.  Where else do you store your HA serum and cooling toners? Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Bella C. thanks!  Samsung seems to be a fave here great to know.  I dread appliance shopping.  Helps enormously to have suggestions!

Why yes, yes I do keep nail polish serums extra moisturizer etc. in my fridge! Woman LOL

Honored Contributor

@Desi

Its a rare thing to find a side by side w/o an ice maker or water dispenser. We went to Home Depot and ordered a Whirlpool black ice side by side. This model.

Comes in black ice, white ice and stainless steel with stainless steel handles and LED lighting inside. The black ice is smooth on the front and 'orange peel' texture on the sides and top of the refrigerator. We have owned it for about 2 weeks and love it. It keeps the frozen food frozen and the fridge stuff cold.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Esteemed Contributor

Re: New fridge help needed

[ Edited ]

We have the Samsung also. French doors with the middle drawer and the freezer on the bottom. We love it. You can always just not hook up the ice maker since it's hard to find a fridge without one. My guess only cheap junky models may have no ice maker.

Esteemed Contributor