Esteemed Contributor

Re: New drugstore products -- let's list and post our findings!

@AngelPuppy1  There are reviews on youtube for the Almay brow product. You apply, wait like 30 minutes? and then peel off. Reviewers agree that it does apply color but tough to peel off.

I'll stick with Anastasia Brow Wiz but if you want a DS dupe, Loreal makes a similar twist up brow pen. Limited colors, goes on creamy but I didn't get a full 8 hr wear out of them like Anastasia.

I tried Loreal Colour Riche Shine lipstick. Creamy, more like a lip balm. Nice shine but some of the neutral shades have a grayish cast to them.

Honored Contributor

I like the Garnier Moisture Bomb moisturizer. I got a small sample from Ulta and I liked how it felt on my face. I now have 2 full size jars to use! 

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

New (new to me) Drugstore Products that I bought and tried and love are:

CereVe Moisturizing Lotion (Moisturizing, light weight, and unscented)

Wet n Wild Rose in the Air Eyeshadow Pallete (really pigmented and great quality).

Garnier SKinActive BB Cream (The light/medium was way too light for me in the summer, that 's when I bought it. But it is finally perfect for me in the winter). It's a very natural, light coverage.

Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lip Color in Lust for Blush (I have many lipsticks from this line. But this color is new to me. it's a beautiful pink).

Honored Contributor

wrote:

One product I am impressed with is e.l.f. brow kit.  It has powder and a wax and comes with 2 sided brush for $3.  First you use the wax to shape and then add color.  Burt's Bees lip crayons are very nice but they are not new.  All of my facial color is not drugstore so I am not that familiar with new items.  HeartCat Happy

@Katcat1

Thanks for your post!  I will have to see if I can find the ELF eybrow kit.  It is easy and lasting, also?  I haven't done anything with my brows and they are a mess.  I really need some color and control!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

wrote:

I've tried Lubriderm lotion fragrance free and hated it. It was not hydrating enough and made my skin worse.

Also tried Aveeno moisturizing lotion. It ok. But unfortunately on the body leaves me feeling sticky, but what's weird is I love it for hand lotion, not sticky for some reason. Go figure

I tried Gold Bold Diabetic lotion and I have fallen in love. Fragrance free, thick, but not sticky or greasy and works great on my face too. I found my HG

@shiloh 81

The Gold Bond sounds really nice!  I hate sticky products --- yuck!  Sometimes I just use Cerave lotion on my face as well as my body.  It is not sticky either and absorbs really nicely.  One stop shop!!! 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

Stopped purchasing Philosophy Showel Gel and found Dr. Bonner’s Castile Soap...Lavender, my favorite scent. It’s more gentle on my skin, but not as much lather as I’m used to. I may pour some into the remaining 1/3 lg. pumper size of Pure Grace Gel to give it some fragrance and bubbly!

@Shanus

Castile is supposed to be pretty gentle, isn't it?  Sounds very soothing! 

Honored Contributor

wrote:
1. Coty Finishing Powder (natural) 2. Maybelline Rewind Concealer (medium) 3. Techniques Blending Make-up Sponge (Orange one with the slanted edge and pointed tip.) 4. Gold Bond Ultimate "Radiance Renewal Cream Oil Lotion (Coconut oil, cocoa butter, African shea butter) I love all of these and they have saved me so much money. In-expensive and I get really nice results from all of them. All available at Walgreens, Target, CVS, Walmart.

@Naturesbeauty

Oh, how nice.  They sound like really lovely products and I'm all about getting effective products for a lot less!  I never cared a whole lot for Maybelline stuff but they are really coming out with some very good products lately.  

Honored Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

wrote:

Stopped purchasing Philosophy Showel Gel and found Dr. Bonner’s Castile Soap...Lavender, my favorite scent. It’s more gentle on my skin, but not as much lather as I’m used to. I may pour some into the remaining 1/3 lg. pumper size of Pure Grace Gel to give it some fragrance and bubbly!

@Shanus @emmysmom For about a year, I have been using the Dr Bonner Castile soap in both the Lavender and the Citrus scents.  I love them, BUT they leave a residue in my tub/shower, and this residue clogs the mesh strainer in my tub drain.  Have you experienced this?

Well..my shower needs to be cleaned more often...!

@emmysmom No, I haven’t had any residue. On the bottle, it does say only a tiny amount is needed...not to even turn over the bottle & squeeze it. 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

New (new to me) Drugstore Products that I bought and tried and love are:

CereVe Moisturizing Lotion (Moisturizing, light weight, and unscented)

Wet n Wild Rose in the Air Eyeshadow Pallete (really pigmented and great quality).

Garnier SKinActive BB Cream (The light/medium was way too light for me in the summer, that 's when I bought it. But it is finally perfect for me in the winter). It's a very natural, light coverage.

Maybelline Color Sensational Matte Lip Color in Lust for Blush (I have many lipsticks from this line. But this color is new to me. it's a beautiful pink).

@momoftwo2007

I, too, just love CeraVe lotion!  It is so soothing, smooth and never greasy!  The dr. told me to use the cream, but it just feels so heavy and sticky to me.  I prefer the lotion by far!  I am a big fan of CC and BB creams --- they multipurpose and are so much faster!  As for Maybelline lip products -- love them!  So many beautiful shades to choose from!! 

Honored Contributor

wrote:

I like the Garnier Moisture Bomb moisturizer. I got a small sample from Ulta and I liked how it felt on my face. I now have 2 full size jars to use! 

@JustJazzmom

What is the texture like, and does it have a fragrance?  Thanks!  Glad you found a new drugstore find that you like!