Valued Contributor

Re: New bareSkin foundation by bareMinerals

cassiem - Just saw your comment. Thank you!!

Regular Contributor

On 2/19/2014 cassiem said:On the product page under the description tab there is a link that says "shade finder". If you click on it, you'll get a page with clear descriptions and model pictures for each foundation shade.

Thank you. This was very helpful. I would have totally missed it if it weren't for your post.

Valued Contributor

looks interesting, not sure about the limited color choices though-I think powders can be a little more forgiving as far as skin matching.

Trusted Contributor

cassiem.......thanks for the info to click the shade finder.

I looked right over it.

I'm still perfectly happy with the Ready, but I am drawn to try this.

deja vu

~love hard~~play hard~~be kind~~~life is short~
Honored Contributor

On 2/19/2014 VaBelle35 said:

I thought I read on a post on here that more shades would be available when it's released to the boutiques in April.

While QVC will have a good deal on the foundation/brush set like they did when READY was released, I think I'll wait and pay more to get the right color.

I go back and forth with original, matte, Ready, Philosophy tinted moisturizer and Elizabeth Arden's custom blend liquid foundation.

I like them all at different times and hate them all at different times. I think my skin just has good days and bad. (Or i have good days and bad days of application!)

If you go their site, you'll see the additional shades and descriptions. There will be 20 shades on sale May 1. The site has three more darker shades and five other assorted shades.

But QVC's offerings are pretty good for most skin tones.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Respected Contributor

I'll definitely try it, but I actually went back to the mineral powder formula after using Youngblood's liquid mineral foundation. A friend of mine opened a boutique and sold Youngblood makeup, so to help support her store, I've been using the liquid foundation for a couple of years now. Just for the heck of it, I went back to BE mineral over the weekend and fell back in love with the powder foundation. I still like the Youngblood liquid and will probably like the BE liquid as well, but my first love is the original BE powder.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James