Esteemed Contributor

New article about Laura Geller's company

http://www.entrepreneur.com/article/242707

New article about Laura Geller's company, it's worth $100 million dollars. Good for her!

This Entrepreneur article was linked on Google News this morning.

Contributor

Re: New article about Laura Geller's company

How wonderful for her, she seems like such a nice lady. I would love to work for her. She seems very kind. Great makeup as well.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm thrilled to hear that because I heard years ago that like Mally, she had to go bankruptcy also to save her company as well.

I adore Laura ! I think she is a very good, sincere and honest vendor and a fabulous mother !

I watch her shows rather I buy/use her products or not because she is so personable and the shows are fun and always original !  No stale spiels or formula's!

I wish her continued success and hope she has great longevity in the business and with QVC !!!

Heart

Trusted Contributor

Totally agree. She is always polite and kind to callers and hosts. I hope her mom is well. She use to mention her mom but as not done so lately. Her mom raised one great daughter.

Super Contributor

Very interesting and informative article. I think her products are very good even tho I've switched now to using mostly IT Cosmetics.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

TY1, Thanks so much for posting this excellent article on Laura Geller.  She has a great line of products as well as a great personality.  My faves are Balance-N-Brighten, Bronze-N-Brighten, and the Pink Buttercream Blush. May she enjoy continued success!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Thanks for the article link! I, too, love Laura, and I love her makeup. When I first started wearing it, she was still in Sephora. It was easy for me to get matched there, then come here and order it! When she left Sephora I was able to get a lot of it at clearance prices.

The one thing troubling to me is "she is mostly uninvolved in day-to-day operations," and "she is included in major decisions - typically in their later stages." So that means she is not involved in the early development of her products, right? And she no longer comes up with new ideas? 

Elena Drell Szyfer, the new CEO, previously worked at Estee Lauder, L'Oreal, and Avon. Most recently she was at Kenneth Cole. She will direct the development of new products. So I wonder WHO will actually come up with the ideas. Will it be a team? 

The personal touch Laura brought to us will be gone. I know this is the best thing for her, and I'm really glad for her, but this company is all about making money - quantity, not quality. 

I've seen the buyouts of Stila and others, and rarely has it been a positive experience for me. We'll see what happens with Laura's brand.

I AM glad we can still see her here teaching us new techniques!  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

Good for Laura.  If I could pocket that kind of coin from makeup I'd take the money too.   Like it or not as pointed out in the article, it's a fact that most successful small cosmetic companies usually end up in the hands of a bigger giant.  Not all of the takeovers end of with the brand being worse than it was before.  Time will tell.  At this stage in the game since Laura is still the face of the brand most customers won't know anything has changed.