Honored Contributor

Re: New Tweak'd Scalp Serum

[ Edited ]

@Bibione wrote:

I used it today in a hurry on my dry hair. I didn't get any volume. There is a learning curve with tweak products. I tried 2 other items and didn't like them at first.

I kept experimenting and they turned out to be excellent.

By the way, I found huge bottles of Ojon shampoo and conditioner in the back of a cabinet. 

As a coincidence, in the last Hsn show Dennis said he found the same items and that if there are sealed they are still good after 20 years.

I sent a photo of the Ojon bottles  last week on his Instagram, asking if they are still good. Wierd.

I wouldn't use anything that was 20yo. or even close to that. I think Denis is mistaken. Two years maybe but not 20.

My apologies in advance if that's what he said.

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Bibione wrote:

I used it today in a hurry on my dry hair. I didn't get any volume. There is a learning curve with tweak products. I tried 2 other items and didn't like them at first.

By the way, I found huge bottles of Ojon shampoo and conditioner in the back of a cabinet. 

As a coincidence, in the last Hsn show Dennis said he found the same items and that if there are sealed they are still good after 20 years.

I sent a photo of the Ojon bottles  last week on his Instagram, asking if they are still good. Wierd.

I wouldn't use anything that was 20yo. or even close to that. I think Denis is mistaken. Two years maybe but not 20.

I also watched that show @Bibione, and heard Dennis say if the seal is not broken, it should be still good.

But that would also depend on the environment - bathroom storage could compromise quality with the variance in temperature and humidity. If it doesn't have a foul odor or weirdness physically, like separation, I would still use iit

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I couldn't tell from the description of the scalp serum what exactly it's supposed to do.

Trusted Contributor

@moonandthestars wrote:

@Chi-town girl   It was a great price.  I was all set to order it - looks like a really good serum, BUT then I saw it had caffeine!  I almost took the chance, but decided it wasn't worth it.  I hate when items contain that ingredient .... 

@moonandthestars Can I ask why you don't like caffeine in hair products?  It's in a lot of products because it's supposed to help with increasing circulation to the scalp and promoting hair growth.

Honored Contributor

Caffeine used in hair/scalp products is thought to inhibit a particular enzyme which is seen in hair loss. When that enzyme is inhibited, the hair growth phase is enhanced which theoretically can lead to a fuller head of hair.

Respected Contributor

@lkat   It's just a personal thing.  I can't tolerate caffeine, I had to stop drinking coffee, then I noticed I had symptoms from a body cream that had it as an ingredient, same with eye creams.  Just gives me issues!  I am proof that these ingredients can penetrate from skin to into the body!  I know there is a reason for manufacturers to use that ingredient, but personally I wish they wouldn't, especially since I know there are other similar types of ingredients that could be used for the increasing of circulation, etc.   I always have to read ingredients carefully because of this and wish it was more prominently listed, if it's there.  It is in a lot of things, so it's disappointing to have to avoid.

Respected Contributor

@Chi-town girl wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

@Bibione wrote:

I also watched that show @Bibione, and heard Dennis say if the seal is not broken, it should be still good.

But that would also depend on the environment - bathroom storage could compromise quality with the variance in temperature and humidity. If it doesn't have a foul odor or weirdness physically, like separation, I would still use iit

I remember Ojon and it has a smell and consistency of "oil" based product.  Maybe that was the leave over night stuff?  still I wouldn't use anything in my bathroom 20yrs old LOL!  That's just me...I would toss it for sure.  Things do spoil no matter how much preservatives put in and I thought he used very little in this line like his tweak'd line.  At least that's what he always says...Woman Happy

Trusted Contributor

@moonandthestars Thank you.  I know I see it a lot in hair products and eye creams and have never given it a thought.  I'm sorry you can't tolerate it.  Must be a real pain to have to check everything since some ingredient lists are so long.