Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mystery solved. New Teint idole arrived with EXPIRED 7/21.

@Mindy D wrote:

@gertrudecloset @I was in the process of ordering from Lancome and Sephora; just waiting for some deal to show up on one of the sites, when five Easy Pays showed up on Q. 

@Mindy D 

I hear ya!  That might be how they wanted to move this old product out of inventory.  

If they are going to sell old product the least they could do is mark it down!

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Honored Contributor

Re: New Teint idole arrived with EXPIRED 7/21. Mystery solved. Caveat emptor.

@BarbiHollywood @There probably is a hidden expiration code on the product somewhere. You can call corporate. Cosmetics often have hidden sell by dates. A person has to be able to decipher the code. 

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D I called Corporate.  I gave the only info that's printed on the tube, J1017, hoping she'd shed some light on what that meant.  Nope.  Nothing.  I told her that I thought it was REQUIRED to have an expiration date on medicines, cosmetics, etc. and even said I thought there needed to be that little picture of a container.  Crickets.  Now I don't know what to do because I like the products, but if this is QVC's way of getting rid of inventory, then we all need to know.  I'm feeling a tad duped right now.  I think I'll call QVC Customer Service right now.  Feelin' like an investigative reporter right about now!!  Wink, wink!!  LOL!

Honored Contributor

Oh no Smiley Sad  Haven't others gotten old or nearly expired makeup from QVC?  I'm sorry.  Hope you're sending it back!

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood 

Look again.  Look for an imprint on the crimped end of the tube.  It can be hard to see.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood wrote:

@Mindy D I called Corporate.  I gave the only info that's printed on the tube, J1017, hoping she'd shed some light on what that meant.  Nope.  Nothing.  I told her that I thought it was REQUIRED to have an expiration date on medicines, cosmetics, etc. and even said I thought there needed to be that little picture of a container.  Crickets.  Now I don't know what to do because I like the products, but if this is QVC's way of getting rid of inventory, then we all need to know.  I'm feeling a tad duped right now.  I think I'll call QVC Customer Service right now.  Feelin' like an investigative reporter right about now!!  Wink, wink!!  LOL!

Per the FDA...

"Does FDA have rules for cosmetic shelf life and expiration dates on cosmetic labels?

There are no U.S. laws or regulations that require cosmetics to have specific shelf lives or have expiration dates on their labels. However, manufacturers are responsible for making sure their products are safe.  FDA considers determining a product’s shelf life to be part of the manufacturer’s responsibility.

Not all “personal care products” are regulated as cosmetics. Some, such as sunscreen products and acne treatments, are drugs under the law. Some, such as makeup and moisturizers that are also sunscreens, with “SPF” labeling, are regulated as both cosmetics and drugs.

Drugs, including those that are both drugs and cosmetics, must be tested for stability and are required to have expiration dates printed on the labels. Manufacturers must make sure their drug products are safe and effective until their expiration dates."

Esteemed Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@BarbiHollywood @Yes I did and it just came this afternoon. Needless to say that I'm not a happy camper.

Send it right back!!!! @Mindy D 

can you send them the picture.....and not spend the time and energy to pack it up for a return!!  so obvious....so frustrating......

Respected Contributor

I'm in queue now on QVC's CS line.  First of all, I never looked at the ingredients of any makeup so seeing "snail secretion filtrate" as the second ingredient, eww, I'm not officially grossed out.  I've also never paid attention to expiration dates on any makeup probably because I always just trust that it's fresh.  This will certainly teach me to LOOK at everything.

Explained it all to CS, she put me on hold so she can look into it.  She also said, "there should be a little picture of a jar..."  Told her there is not.  Gave her the code printed on the crimp of the tube (J7017), hoping this means something that can shed some light.  I sure hope the "17" in the code doesn't mean 2017.  The gal I spoke with really had no info either except for "...there are online sites you can check where you can enter the batch number..."  Hmmm.  Disappointing, QVC, not the answer I had hoped for.  I told the gal that I think there are laws requiring information be available to the consumer, and I also told her that I will be posting info from our conversation on this Forum because people are abuzz.  She said one of the online sites to check is checkcosmetics.net (I think that's what she said, the line was a bit fuzzy).  I didn't think getting this kind of important information would be so difficult.

Honored Contributor

@BarbiHollywood 

This is not the first I (or probably anyone here) has heard of this.  

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D , are you the one that asked about ordering a Tarte set from QVC and I said I'd be worried it would be old?  I know I had a conversation with another poster about this.

I brought up those TILI boxes and how you really have to check the products.  I got something very close to expiring and there were a lot of complaints in the reviews about products being expired.

That is ridiculous.  If they made me send that back, I'd tell them it will be sitting on my porch and they can send UPS for it.