Trusted Contributor

Re: *New Sparkler* Need A Few Skinn Recommendations?

@course24 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thanks for the insight on this one.

Yeah, I think the Flash Flood Mist would be a better choice for me to use in summertime since I read the reviews & they say the Mineral Bath spray is too scented to be on the face. I tend not to like a lot of ccent on my face as well. 

@Chi-town girl

@Krissy_1968

Question:

Have any of you used Dimitri's Sleeping Beauty Foam Eye Mask (311-785)?

Do you like it?

Do you think it offers any help in compression of puffy eyes (as D says it can)?

OK I bought a kit with his eye-mergency masks, his fabulous reorganize eye balm, hylighten (LOVE!) and that foam plush velvet purple sleeping mask... never used a sleeping mask in my life before it...and now?

I can't go to bed without it...like a child with a beloved teddy bear...it just doesn't feel like bedtime without it on lol I don't move alot during the night so I haven't lost the mask yet like @JeanLouiseFinch lol I shift work with my job and have found it a Godsend for deep,dark sleep...so much I ordered a second kit when it was offered as a Once Only...so one mask for home, one for my work bag...not sure it works on eye bags for decompression tho...

also...I love his mineral bath spray, never tried the Flash Flood but want to...I didn't like the TTV with the flash flood in it (had the newer YPC Elite which I do not favor) so I must get one off the bay once I go thru my Mineral bath... I use it to refresh when I am feeling dry during the day and I use it to keep masks moist (like his watermlon soak, mango eye mask and even my Borghese Fango masks lol) I don't notice a real scent with the mineral bath...just fresh! HTH's 

Contributor

@Krissy_1968

The OPA was just a sample (on a card) included with my order.

I guess I'm not into woody scents.

Now that I think about it, I do tend the steer more towards jasmine, honeysuckle, gardenia & little musk from time to time. This frangrance had none of those notes. So that may be why it turned me off so much.

I ordered that same kit you mentioned mostly for the Highlighten, but the mask comes with it, so I wanted to get a review on it so I know what to look forward to. I do tend to move around alot when sleeping, especially starting out on my stomach (I know that's bad) and eventually end up on my back somehow. So I hope it doesn't end up around my ankles like Dimitri says or lost during the night like @JeanLouiseFinch says her does.. LOL. I'm going to try it for the eye bag compression he says it can offer. We'll see. Keep you posted....

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Chi-town girl

@Krissy_1968

@JeanLouiseFinch

@sommertime

Progress/Product Update:

Poreless 3pc Kit- I've fell in L-O-V-E with this kit. 

The moisturizer is divine. Not too thin, not too thick, no greasiness left behind.

The Matte Manager & Pore Authority I like because I don't wear makeup powder to tone down my shine during my day so this is a great alternative. Plus the skincare inside is a bonus! Great for summertime oiliness.

The 6X balm 4pc kit is remarkable! Original is my fav already. The texture is so soothing to the lips. This is NOTHING like what you get at the drugstore (junk). Quite pricey for lip balm, but HEY I'm worth it! Now I want the Mint flavored balm.

I even got my DH to using the Original Balm. He really likes it. Of course I had to scape some out and put into an empty Carmex jar for him to use it in public (no girly stuff). LOL He also enjoys the Body Balm Extreme for his back, hands, and dry feet. Glad I got 2 of those. He using the Lavender Hand restore too. This smells manly enough for him. He gets no more of my good stuff! He's gotta get his own now..(I'm Stingy with good stuff like this).

Hydro Vital Eye Cream i like very much. Soaks right in.

ICE Eye Balm is heavenly. Although, its too early to determine that it can or will help my small puffy eyes. I like it as a splurge item to make me feel good anyway. This will feel mighty good during the summer heat.

Stem Rejen Eye- eh, I'm on the fence with this one. First application, started to sting a bit around my eye area. Then I put the ICE balm on top, and it subsided.

ReOrganize Eye Balm- LOVE LOVE LOVE! Feels so good when applying. Locks in moisture. This is great for the winter months going outside. 

Pore Magnet Peel Off Mask- Smells manly, but I don't care. It kinda stung my face, seems pretty strong. but quickly it went to a cooling sensation. I really like it. Very effective mask.

DermAppeal: Eh, this is a mighty intense facial scrub. I don't think my facial skin is tough enough to handle it. The peppermint seems to burn me. I think I may use this on the rougher/dryer body parts & use my Clarisonic as the scrub with AM/PM cleanser or Detox Cleanser 1-2/week in place of using the DermAppeal on my face.

Pore Detox Cleanser- I like the texture of this. I like the idea of having a 3rd cleanser to avoid "skincare fatigue". I think I will use this on weekends when I do my TTWO.

Hylighten Eye Roller- Love this! It's so convienient to use. Only if I could remember to refrigerate it before using. This I will wait for results for up to 3-4 months I was told.

YPC Elite- I don't care for the texture of this (spongy like marshmallows). Seems not to add any moisture. However, it does sink in pretty well. I found it to be much better when I added a pump of the Lipid oils to it.

**Now, I need the EnergEyes, Sleep Mask, TTWO, Hydro-Vital Moisture Mask, Sunscreen 2pc set, 6X balm in Mint, & a deal on the cleansing cloths to come back around (ex: 30ct multi-pack). And maybe the Flash Flood mist for the summer months**

I also like the smooth conditioning application of the waterproof eyeliner.

They're quality liners. I wish the Eyelighten shadow rollers weren't in shimmer shades. I'd rather have that in natural matte tones. I don't know how to apply eyeshadows or much of any makeup well, so the Don't Budge colors I like but I'd make a mess of them. The concept of the Eyelighten rollers seems to be a better fit for me if the right shades (matte) ever came along. Then he'd have to change the name to EyeMatte in stead of EyeLighten eyeshadows because they would not shimmer & lighten the eye area anymore. LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@course24 Glad to hear your feedback on Skinn products. You are very right on the lip balm, my lips are always super dry and this balm takes care of that! Woman Very Happy

I am still using org. Stem rejen, as that is where I first started with Skinn, I use alot of other products too, I like to switch it around a bit.

I am finally getting to trying the poreless kit myself so will see. Too many products and only one of me! Woman LOL

DermAppeal, the first time I used this, I thought it was too much for me too, I thought the strong smell was going to knock me out, plus I used a little too close to my eyes, which really made them water & burn. Now I am a pro at using this. I just love it and won't be without this! I now cannot wait to do my peel and see/feel the soft skin results. Also, when I finish on my face, I use the remainder on the back of my hands. Glad I continued on with this.

I know the Reorganize is a fav of Krissy, I tried this but for me, I found that I was just not using it. Now the EnergEyes I thought I could live without, BUT wow, I just love this. Best tip the dazzlers gave me was, to keep in the fridge and apply cold. Yea, that's the ticket! Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@course24  I agree about Opa. I always said Dimitri's scented butters and lotions smell awful to me. Tried his shower gel once and couldn't get it back fast enough. If it's fragranced Skinn, I know I'm not going to like it. Just one of those things. His sniffer is different from my sniffer Smiley Happy  OTOH, I like more Skinn than I dislike. But I do dislike his coming out with new products every time he's on which is considerable.

Honored Contributor

@course24 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Thanks for the insight on this one.

Yeah, I think the Flash Flood Mist would be a better choice for me to use in summertime since I read the reviews & they say the Mineral Bath spray is too scented to be on the face. I tend not to like a lot of ccent on my face as well. 

@Chi-town girl

@Krissy_1968

Question:

Have any of you used Dimitri's Sleeping Beauty Foam Eye Mask (311-785)?

Do you like it?

Do you think it offers any help in compression of puffy eyes (as D says it can)?

@course24 - glad to read your updates & that you are happy with your selections. I do have the sleep eye mask. Really love the aromatic sleep spray that was part of the kit. Not sure the sleep mask helps to reduce puffiness. I use it for travel to block out light and add a few drops of the midnight Elixir oil to the mask, very calming. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Contributor

@Chi-town girl

@Judaline

@sommertime

@Krissy_1968

@JeanLouiseFinch

Hey Ladies,

Hope you're enjoying your Holiday purchases back in December.

Questions:

1) What do you all think of the Santorini Body Butters? Moisture; Scent, etc

I have the Body Butter Extreme & love it, however I'm looking at this one as a lightweight alternative during the Spring & Summer months.

2) Skinn 6X Lip Balm vs Suzanne Organics Lip Balms? Quality; performance, etc

The latter seems more economical than Skinn at $28 each. At happened to grab the 4pk last month for $30. But I can't see myself to keep buying unless its at the 4pk $30 price only. I want to give the lip balms as gifts in a beauty bag as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@course24 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Hey Ladies,

Questions:

I have the Body Butter Extreme & love it, however I'm looking at this one as a lightweight alternative during the Spring & Summer months.

The latter seems more economical than Skinn at $28 each. At happened to grab the 4pk last month for $30. But I can't see myself to keep buying unless its at the 4pk $30 price only. I want to give the lip balms as gifts in a beauty bag as well.

@course24 -

1.  The scent of the Santorini Body Body is pleasant but not a favorite of mine.  And that's weird because I like Jasmine, Honeysuckle, and Gardenia.  That said, many love it.  Regarding performance, it does the job but it's still a butter so it's not going to have a lightweight texture.

2.  I prefer the Skinn 6x over the Suzanne Somers balms.  Granted, the application is a little bit of a turnoff for some folks but it doesn't bother me.  Even when the product wears off my lips are still soft whereas with the SS, reapplication seems more necessary.  Then you just get into the reapplication cycle.  You're right about the price, though.  I wouldn't purchase the Skinn at regular price.  There are a couple of times a year when they go on a special pricing and regular users grab enough to last them.  You can probably find some deals on eBay.

Trusted Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@course24 wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch

Hey Ladies,

Questions:

@course24 -

1.  The scent of the Santorini Body Body is pleasant but not a favorite of mine.  And that's weird because I like Jasmine, Honeysuckle, and Gardenia.  That said, many love it.  Regarding performance, it does the job but it's still a butter so it's not going to have a lightweight texture.

2.  I prefer the Skinn 6x over the Suzanne Somers balms.  Granted, the application is a little bit of a turnoff for some folks but it doesn't bother me.  Even when the product wears off my lips are still soft whereas with the SS, reapplication seems more necessary.  Then you just get into the reapplication cycle.  You're right about the price, though.  I wouldn't purchase the Skinn at regular price.  There are a couple of times a year when they go on a special pricing and regular users grab enough to last them.  You can probably find some deals on eBay.

HI @course24 I agree with @JeanLouiseFinch! Dimitri's body BUTTERS are very thick rich creams...and I am very dry so I love them..I like his body balm extreme that you love too...I use mine in my bath...the scent of Santorini...I get mostly honeysuckle, some jasmine...I really liked it! I find his scents never overpowering or offensive...

His Lip6x balms are HG for me...haven't tried SS...I like Beekman's balms but Dimitri's are better...I always get the 4 pack offered at Xmas and in July...many resellers buy too and break up 4 packs so the bay is a good place to get one or try one you haven't (like the tropical spf one which is different than the rest ) My faves are his original, the mango and his watermelon one for breast cancer...but all his flavors (mint,tropical, boysenberry,strawberry daquiri) are terrific...HIGHLY RECCOMEND! Woman Very Happy

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Krissy_1968

@JeanLouiseFinch

@Chi-town girl

@sommertime

**SKINN 1 Month Progress Report**:

Sleep Mask- Okay, I must admit, when I first started using this, I was a little apprehensive. I typically put this on after my nighttime skin routine & put on some ReOrganize Eye Balm for overnight. My assessment now? I LOVE THIS THING! Now I’m not seeing any depuffing from it as D said it could, but it sure does feel better than any other sleep mask I used in the past. Those never lasted more than 3 days on me, they gave me a headache. Last night I went to bed early (7pm). I woke up feeling like I’d slept all night long until I took the mask off and saw it was only 11pm. LOL Now I can’t go to sleep w/o it. I feel naked in the face now if I don’t wear it to sleep.

Cleansing Wipes- I grabbed these off the Bay. Now I like them, durability is exceptional. However, I tried to use them on a lazy night when I didn’t feel like cleaning my face, and that just wasn’t enough for me. I had to go & use the actual cleanser. I just didn’t feel clean enough to sleep that way. I will use these more in warmer weather just the wipe sweat away.

TTWO- Just Wonderful! On Saturday & Sunday I use this as my AM & Pm moisturizer and use only the Pure Pore Detox cleanser on the weekends as well. This weekend routine is working well for me.

Eye Sunscreen- I like this a lot. I figured since I’m using the Hylighten, Hydro-Vital, Eye Stem Rejen, and other eye products that may give me a slight exfoliation to alleviate dark circles, I needed to protect my eye skin from the sun or else I would be negating any progress the product would be trying to give me. Doesn’t leave any awful white film if you tap it in good. Impressed. It’s a keeper!

I have the 4pack of ABC Peels & Eye Emergency masks that I have yet to try or incorporate into my routine.