Valued Contributor

Re: New Source? **4oz+** "duri Rejuvacote 1 Original";

@MakeUpMaidn - not sure about your nail issues but maybe your doctor would be able to advise on that.  My nails are just very soft and break easily.  They'll never be long and strong but I don't want them long as I type alot for work so I wouldn't be able to handle that with longer nails.  LOL

To you and @Shelbelle, after I logged off earlier, perfect timing as I saw Zoya was having a 70% off sale for the holiday so I took advantage and ordered a few polishes and their base and top coats.  I'll only put it on for a weekend and then take off and go back to the Duri since it does so well!  I keep my toes "naked" for the winter but as soon as sandal season hits, time for the pedicure and polish!  

Respected Contributor

@PARedbird  

Another Duri lover.  This stuff is soo great! 

No wonder I panicked when I thought I couldnt get the larger 4oz bottle!

@Shelbelle  & @Icegoddess   helped me out of my *panic!* Bless'em!

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@PARedbird  

@MakeUpMaidn and now I'm getting Sponsored posts in my FB feed from Amazon about it.

Regular Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn   If I recall corectly, thyroid issues can have an effect on nails. Don't remember more than that. Brittleness (and ridges and thinning) can be part of the aging process.

Be really careful using this product, or any other hardener/strengther, if you already have brittle nails. The ingredients are aimed more at those with "soft" nails. Overuse can lead to more breakage, even lifting of the nail plate from the nail bed. By the time the nail plate reaches the free edge, it has been treated many, many time...more than it needs to correct any "softness." That said, it sounds like what you're curenly doing is working for you. 

Long story made short, several years ago I had some (very slight) nail lifting and had become aware of an internationally known chemist specializing in nail products though something else that was going on at the time. When I contacted him, literally his FIRST question was whether I had been using any type of nail strengther.... That ended up triggering my interest in process behind manicures.

As far as increased rate of growth goes, if a product truly affects the actual growth rate of the nail, it needs to follow the regulations for drugs. This includes labeling. More likely, ;you're doing things like diet, maintenance, protection, etc right. As a result your nails are growing at their fastest and you aren't constantly having to file or trim them back due to breakage, small chips from the edge, etc. Thus "promotes growth" claims...you're doing things to right for keeping the nail that's alreay grown out.

Regular Contributor

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn wrote:

@PARedbird  

@MakeUpMaidn and now I'm getting Sponsored posts in my FB feed from Amazon about it.

~~~~~~~~

@Icegoddess

oh wow.  I so apologize for that.

I thought Amz "read" my searches & sent associated items.  Now, I'm SURE of it, after you're getting sponsored posts. 

But how has Amz search come to be related to your FB? 

I have a FB acct, but dont do anything with it, and only occasionally access it.  I don't see anything relating to this & my FB abt this.

If it's any consolutation, there is NO WAY, I would EVER have found the  4 oz on Amz without your help.  It was completely Amz buried!  Even @Shelbelle  & I were both baffled how you found it on Amz!!..and could hardly find it, even after you posted it!  That was a 1st, for me, with Amz.

Thank you tremendously,  but I so apologize, @Icegoddess 

Respected Contributor

@juperier3 wrote:

@MakeUpMaidn   Yay, I found the article I was looking for about nails..

https://schoonscientific.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/article-book-Nail-Structure-NOV.pdf 

~~~~~~~

@juperier3   THERE ya are!!  I was hoping to see ya!

Thanks for all your info, descriptions above.

Also, I plan to check out this above URL you posted also.

How ya doing, @juperier3 ? Woman Happy

HAPPY THANKSGIVING, @juperier3 

Honored Contributor

I sure wish I had seen it on amazon before I lured Maiden to ebay and now she is in such a terible hassle, I really feel so bad about this. 

Honored Contributor

@MakeUpMaidn I don't know how all that works.  But, since it's a Sponsored ad which means Amz is paying to post ads there must be some sharing of info going on.  It doesn't matter if it's Amazon or a Google search.  If I search a product, it's bound to end up in my newsfeed.  Maybe it's based on IP addresses.  Goes to show nothing you do on the internet is really private.  

No worries.  I'm going to get Sponsored ads regardless.  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

TX, check amazon you can often find deals of kits of 4 Zoya polishes for about $15. Also good deals on amazon and ebay on both Zoya and Lippmann