Respected Contributor

I watched a swatch video on the tube and they have like 30-40 colors. I decided on the #37 and #40. Just opened them and applied them both. Very opaque and pigmented. One swipe was enough. I did not use a lip liner as I wanted to test them without it, and no bleeding. I do always wear a lip liner though. 

I just recently bought 2 of the new makeup geek liquid lipsticks and these are very similar. The true test will be wearing them for a long period. These were $14 each which is cheaper than my KVD or Stila. They do dry down to a Matte finish, but not as drying as the KVD. 

Anyway, I thought I would share, and I'll let you know about the wear time. Happy New Year my friends!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Sephora lip stains.....

@wvumountiefan -

Thanks for your early review - please update again when you've worn them all day. I'm very interested in lip color that stays put & lasts. With so many colors to choose from it would be great if these perform well.

Trusted Contributor

Wow!  41 colors, including deep rich shades, not just the usual pink, coral and red!  They're already selling out of some colors.  Love Sephora, they're customer friendly!

Thanks!

Respected Contributor

MY sister is looking for a lip stain that lasts all day so she doesn't have to reapply. She teaches and doesn't have time to do it. Does this last all day?
Valued Contributor

Wvufan, what does KVD stand for?  My favorite lip stain is LipSense. They have a ton of colors. You can buy online or do a search for a representative. If I remember correctly I found out about this product on this forum. 

Respected Contributor

@Tigriss wrote:
MY sister is looking for a lip stain that lasts all day so she doesn't have to reapply. She teaches and doesn't have time to do it. Does this last all day?

@Tigriss  Sorry, I got busy after I posted this. I have a lot of errands to run tomorrow and I'm doing lunch with a friend, so I'll test the wear longevity and let you know tomorrow. They did apply great. 

Respected Contributor

@BaileyBop wrote:

Wvufan, what does KVD stand for?  My favorite lip stain is LipSense. They have a ton of colors. You can buy online or do a search for a representative. If I remember correctly I found out about this product on this forum. 

@BaileyBop KVD is KatVonD. I know it's advertised as a lip stain, but these Sephora ones are like a lot of my other liquid lipsticks as far as texture. When I see lip stain I think of those pen lip stains by Josie Maran. I don't know if she still makes them or not. 

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan Super thanks!
Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan, thanks for the info. I've been tempted by these, but never pulled the trigger. I bought two new bite lippies with a Christmas gift card. I'll check out the swatch video. Please let us know how they wear over a full day!!!

Respected Contributor

@FUTURE @Tigriss @BaileyBop @CoG @willdob3  I'm back to let you gals know my thoughts on the Sephora lip stains. I got up this morning and decided to wear #40 and I paired it with the Aquarius lip liner from Colourpop (great pair btw). I applied it about 10:30 a.m. this morning. I am so happy with the way these apply. Anyway, went to eat lunch first and checked it after eating and there was minimal fading on the inner part of my lips. I did not take it with me as I didn't want to reapply, just to see how long they'd last. Went and ran all my errands, and headed home about 4 p.m. I checked when I got in the car. There was a little more fading on the inner lip are, but there was NO nasty line that some liquid lipsticks tend to make. 

So my final thoughts on these is that I really like them. They are $14, which is cheaper than most high end LL. They apply like a dream. The texture is comfortable and they aren't so drying to where my lips looked like a cats you know what. They do dry down Matte, but it's a comfortable Matte. Where there was a little bit of fading it did so evenly. I will definitely buy more. I would love to go for a dark wine or on blood color now that I know how comfortable they are. 

I think you girls will like them!