Honored Contributor

New RetinA/Tretinoin Prescription 👍

So excited that my NP was able to prescribe this in the strength and form that I've wanted but couldn't get from ADC, and that it was affordable!  Something must have changed with our insurance.  Many years ago, I had a dermatologist prescribe it and it wasn't covered because there was an age cutoff on it.  Long story short, my NP ordered it for me and the 20 g tube of .1% cream only cost me $10!  😊

Honored Contributor

Re: New RetinA/Tretinoin Prescription 👍

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch   Whoa! What insurance do you have? My Retin A (rx) costs almost $124 a tube at CVS.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus  Aetna, through DH's employer.  I was very much, but very pleasantly, surprised.  

Honored Contributor

I've been using the .1% micro gel. It's gritty but I've been mixing it with my moisturizer and that takes care of most of the grit but not all of it.  That's been working fine for me plus I can adjust how much micro gel to add to my lotion. Micro gel is encapsulated tret so there's very little irritation if any at all. Micro gel is what I prefer rather than the cream.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

@Shanus  Aetna, through DH's employer.  I was very much, but very pleasantly, surprised.  

@JeanLouiseFinch same here, Aetna through DH's employer and I paid $0! Woo hoo!

I remember them not covering it, years ago, because of the age limit (as if older women can't get acne, which  is what they consider it's for) but something must've changed and I'm a happy camper! 😄

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@JeanLouiseFinch  - My script is for the .5% cream and my insurance company covered it.  It wasn't 10.00, but it wasn't expensive at all.

A few years back, it was not covered at all.  So something has changed.