Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 sarpy said:

I will no longer be buying anything from QVC. I started buying from QVC in 1986. But I am done.

Occasional Contributor
I signed up for freeshipping.com and they refund shipping costs if you shop through them. I get over $100 back from Christmas shopping rebates. Someone on here told mentioned it, so I checked it out. It costs 12.99/month, but they refund shipping from multiple sites.
Honored Contributor
On 2/2/2015 flowerpoo said: I signed up for freeshipping.com and they refund shipping costs if you shop through them. I get over $100 back from Christmas shopping rebates. Someone on here told mentioned it, so I checked it out. It costs 12.99/month, but they refund shipping from multiple sites.

Over $155/year? That could be going toward the return shipping. Mine certainly wouldn't be that much.

"And suddenly you just know it's time to start something new
And trust the magic of Beginnings..."
Contributor

This is a BIG FAIL on QVC's part. I, like many other posters, will now shop for cosmetics at Sephora, cookbooks on Amazon, shoes from Zappos, etc. I quit buying clothes from QVC years ago due to the sizing issues. Too bad, QVC, I've been a shopper since the CVN days!

Occasional Contributor

For me personally the return shipping isn't a deal breaker based on the type items I buy. I guess I look at it from the standpoint of a brick and mortar store doesn't pay for the gas I have used in order to bring something back if it doesn't fit or I decide I don't like it - however I do understand how it might effect others that buy sized items like clothes, jewelry, etc. I don't understand why they can't do combined shipping on multiple items purchased all within a certain time frame - ie the same day and not just for multiples of the same item - but anything. I understand if items are shipping from multiple warehouses (or however they do it) but there is no reason if I purchase 3 items all shipping from the same place that they can't put them all in the same box and ship them together. Generally if something weighs less than a pound it only adds a dollar or two to the total shipping cost if combined with a like item, so to charge full price WILL keep me from buying multiples, unless I really need/want it. If I know they could ship me 3 items for 11 bucks but are going to charge me 24 bucks instead, I will pass. Combined shipping saves me money, would make me purchase more items and would have to save QVC on the cost of packing materials, labor, etc. in the long run. Too bad they don't see it the same way.

Honored Contributor
as someone who doesn't go in to a purchase with an eye towards returning it I think it's a wonderful thing that I'm not paying exhorbitant shipping just to get it in the first place. Thank You QVC
Honored Contributor

This is a huge savings for me. I am thrilled. I hope the new return labels will include a label that charges three dollars for return postage.

Super Contributor

Man do they underestimate the intellect of the average shopper.

Regular Contributor
On 2/2/2015 EdithEllenLily said:

I just called Customer Service and the representative said the QVC return labels of $6.95, $8.95 and $10.95 (depending on the size/value/weight of the package/box) will remain the same. So, e.g., if you buy a sweater for $3 shipping and it does not fit, if you use the $6.95 QVC return label then that amount plus the original $3 in shipping will be deducted from your return credit ($9.95 for a sweater). Guess I won't be buying sweaters AND other things, if you know what I mean. Part of what I liked about QVC was that they refunded your original S&H because you can't try things on or see the item in person before purchasing. As a longtime QVC customer, I will aim to shop elsewhere. {#emotions_dlg.mad}

Even if I carefully take into consideration the measurement guidelines on a garment, chances are the garment will not fit; I have had 2 sizes shipped to be more likely to get it right; sometimes that works, sometimes not, BUT, you all need to know this...ALL returns are counted and a percentage of returned items count against you....REGARDLESS of sizing, defective items, returned items rejected by you (because they are worn, have not been cleaned (skin remnants, etc) ALL returns are computed the same way and count against you in the "return percentage" game...why do you think so many get "the letter" warning them they might be "excommunicated" (cut off) from the privilege of buying from QVC.....even tho they are making a pretty penny on our returns!!!!

Regular Contributor
On 2/2/2015 WillEscapeCAsoon said:

Man do they underestimate the intellect of the average shopper.

Yep they do!!!