Super Contributor

Does anyone know the difference in the amount of pumps the new pump (like on the 32 oz TSV) compares to using a regular 32 oz CC?

Thanks!

Trusted Contributor

I don't know the answer, I skipped this TSV.

I think I remember that the pump for the 32 oz bottle of 613 pumps out more product than a pump for the core 32 oz bottles. The explanation was that 613 is a thicker formula, so the pump was a bit different.

Maybe someone else will have a more accurate answer for you.

Esteemed Contributor

I think, I've heard him say couple of times on TSV presentation - half the pumps, like 4 in a place of 8. But he was finishing the sentence with - on the RICE based product.

So I am not quite sure, if fewer number of pumps had anything to do with a new style pump vs. old. Because, I heard Chaz say - on the rice based product.

Respected Contributor

The new pump definitely seems to put out more product than the regular 32 oz pumps. Maybe it is double, I don't know.

Honored Contributor
On 3/26/2015 sonechko said:

I think, I've heard him say couple of times on TSV presentation - half the pumps, like 4 in a place of 8. But he was finishing the sentence with - on the RICE based product.

So I am not quite sure, if fewer number of pumps had anything to do with a new style pump vs. old. Because, I heard Chaz say - on the rice based product.

When he talked about half the pumps, he was talking about the conversion from a 16-oz to a 32-oz. If you use a 32-oz bottle, you use half the pumps you did when you used a 16-oz bottle. I never heard him mention a new pump at all.

Honestly, I say just figure it out. Start with whatever the bottle says, as they're all printed with the correct number of pumps for the size, and then adjust as needed.

Trusted Contributor

okay -yes Chaz specifically stated that on the new MIF and BGT bottles it is a longer pump dispenser so you would use less pumps. And to follow the directions on the bottle.

For example-I have really long hair:

32 oz Core CC- 24 pumps

32 oz Seasonal CC- 20 pumps

32 oz MIF/BGT CC- 12 pumps.

above amounts are the total and then divide in half for first cleanse/ second cleanse.

Super Contributor
On 3/26/2015 untitled said:

okay -yes Chaz specifically stated that on the new MIF and BGT bottles it is a longer pump dispenser so you would use less pumps. And to follow the directions on the bottle.

32 oz Core CC- 24 pumps

above amounts are the total and then divide in half for first cleanse/ second cleanse.

OK. This is what I was looking for. I bought the TSV and I don't use the recommended amount of pumps of BGT that the bottle says so I was wondering how to convert the amount of pumps I am currently using with the amount from the 16 oz of regular CC. Since the 16 oz CC uses a different pump I wasn't sure how to make the comparison. Thank you so much and thank you to everyone else as well.

Trusted Contributor
On 3/26/2015 AlleyCat said:

32 oz Core CC- 24 pumps

OK. This is what I was looking for. I bought the TSV and I don't use the recommended amount of pumps of BGT that the bottle says so I was wondering how to convert the amount of pumps I am currently using with the amount from the 16 oz of regular CC. Since the 16 oz CC uses a different pump I wasn't sure how to make the comparison. Thank you so much and thank you to everyone else as well.

yes- the best advice is just to follow the directions on the bottle - use that as your paradigm and then adjust however you want. I really never use only one CC per cleanse anyway, I am always mixing. But just to give you a general idea. Chaz also mentioned a golf ball size amount of CC in your palm- if that visual works. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Esteemed Contributor

32 oz Core CC- 24 pumps

Okay, okay! Once on this last visit, for the number of pumps question Chaz said - the amount of CC on palm of your hand should be a size of GOLF BALL. This is when your hair is shorter. If your hair is longer - a golf ball size for the crown, and a golf ball for the length of hair.

Trusted Contributor

32 oz Core CC- 24 pumps

yes- the best advice is just to follow the directions on the bottle - use that as your paradigm and then adjust however you want. I really never use only one CC per cleanse anyway, I am always mixing. But just to give you a general idea. Chaz also mentioned a golf ball size amount of CC in your palm- if that visual works. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

I thought he said a golf ball size per section. I am loving the new pump and going to hoard them !! Reg CC says 10-16 pumps for medium hair. MIF bottle says 8-10. I just fill my hand up with the same amount I would get using the pumps from the gallon. I always use a little more though to be safe. NEVER less or you will not get the results. And always a splash of water. I was hoping the SHL would have the new pump too, but it didn't.