Super Contributor

Got 1 from drugstore.com while they had their 20% sale. Been using it all this month and I really like it. I have and use the panels and a mini light stim regularly and I have definitely see more results from illumask. Not so much with deep wrinkles, but it has made a difference in lessening capillary marks on my cheek. My skin just seems to be brighter and clearer after using it. For me it is more comfortable and easier to use. I just don't like not being able to make up the time when I get interrupted while using it.

Super Contributor
On 5/27/2014 BellaCarro said:
On 5/27/2014 MarenSeattle said:
On 5/15/2014 Craftie said:
On 5/14/2014 Iwantcoffee said:

In case you do not know, you will need to use the mask daily and one mask last 30 treatments. While buying one mask is not a lot, the cost will add up.

Thanks for the heads up, I did find out in my research that the mask is only good for 30 treatments and then you need a new one, not such a good deal.!!I also read that a lot of the tools with the same technology as the mask have to have the heads replaced and they are very expensive. Does anyone know if that is true with the LightStim?

A reviewer on amazon tells how to replace the battery. :-)

Really? I assume thereby increasing it's lifespan?

According to the reviewer, the lights don't die after 30 uses (s/he says that LEDs have a long lifespan), but the battery is programmed/charged to give up the ghost after 30 hits. Kind of makes sense. So if this is accurate, it's essentially just replacing the battery in your battery-operated device. When I get around to trying it again, I'll give it a try.

ETA:

1. Open the unit, and replace the four AA batteries.

2. Connect a wire between the POSITIVE terminal and the labeled RESET copper pad on the printed circuit board. Press the POWER ON button.

3. Move the wire to connect the POSITIVE terminal and the labeled TEST copper pad on the printed circuit board, and press the POWER ON button.

4. The counter will reset from 0 to 30 uses.

5. The manufacturer deliberately drains the four AA batteries after the initial 30 sessions to thwart users from just RESETTING.