Respected Contributor

Re: New Paula's choice resist omega +complex serum

@henderson wrote:

I've been using her products since 1995 and now use her basic core products.  The prices have gone so up and some don't even work for me.  Disappointed in the way her company is going now.

@henderson

I DO understand your frustration.  I've been a customer since day 1 with her 8% AHA and have watched prices rise right along with you.  At least they have frequent sales and for me, the products truly last a long time.  I'm on auto delivery with one marvelous product HERE- it's cheaper than what I would pay with a discount on Paula's site.  I have @HappyDaze to thank for that. Heart

Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@MissSugarKane wrote:

Mine arrived yesterday and I wanted to share my first impressions. It is a thin lotion consistency to my surprise, for some reason I was thinking it was going to be more of an oil. I applied to the back of my hand and it absorbed nicely without leaving it greasy. Now my problem with it...it stinks! I am sensitive to smells so even the slightest off scent bothers me. I am wondering if this is the "fishy" smell I have seen mention of in reviews for some of her other products. I will be trying it out on my face in the next few days and will update later.

@MissSugarKane, I'm pretty sensitive to certain smells, but I have never had a problem at with the PC products that I have used.

I'm wondering whether the amount of omega might be the culprit, if it is at all derived from fish oil. I hope that it dissipates quickly.

@suzyQ3 I agree with you-I've never had any issues with odd or strong scents in PC's products. In fact, I've gotten even more sensitive about scents in skincare and makeup since using PC products because they aren't scent or strong smelling so when something is, I REALLY notice it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Funloving wrote:

@henderson

I DO understand your frustration.  I've been a customer since day 1 with her 8% AHA and have watched prices rise right along with you.  At least they have frequent sales and for me, the products truly last a long time.  I'm on auto delivery with one marvelous product HERE- it's cheaper than what I would pay with a discount on Paula's site.  I have @HappyDaze to thank for that. Heart

@Funloving I agree-  I have been using her products for 11+ years now so I've definitely felt the rise in prices but the prices are still reasonable since they generally last really long and there are always sales. The BHA products last me 6 months- that is hard to beat for the price. Still disappointed that the days of 30% and 25% are far and few between now (those were the days, lol) but oh well. Because I am "thrifty", now I not only wait for a 20% sale but I also wait until I get additional freebies. A few months back I not only got 20% off my order but I got the magnifying mirror and the holiday makeup set free! LOL!  Oh yeah and don't forget the 5% cashback from ebates, LMAO! Yep, thrifty. Or cheap. Whichever. I will own it. ;o) 

ETA: oh and yes, I love that line minimizer! I know some don't think it is doing anything and I think that they expected too much from it. As I had stated in my first post about it, I can't say that it can work miracles on deep wrinkles or alot of wrinkles and I think it is good for preventating more issues. I just like how quickly it absorbs. I now use it all over my face because it spreads so easily I don't need to use alot. Glad you love it too! That is the only product I have ever had on AD on QVC for more than one shipment.  It is a good price!

Honored Contributor

@MissSugarKane thanks for your intial impressions. I really like the fact that it is more lotion-y than slicky/serum-y and that it absorbs well. That sounds nice to me. 

Regular Contributor

I have never been bothered by a smell of a PC product either but this scent is definitely noticeable. Fortunately when using it on my face it wasn't as noticable as when I put my nose to the fresh out of the pump lotion. I have not been happy with any new PC products but so far I really like the texture because it absorbs in and doesn't leave me feeling greasy. As long as I don't end up getting any clogged pores I think I will like this product as a lightweight boost of moisture.

As for PC the company I have been with them since the beginning and am not happy about the changes in price, sizes, and so many products which goes against the original philosophy. I never thought I would quit PC but I was forced to branch out and try new lines when PC discontinued my favorite Hydralight line. They have recently brought back some of the items from the line but I already found a replacement I like better so they lost business by doing that discontinuation. 

Esteemed Contributor

I've sure noticed a huge price increase across the board ever since she expanded her line with that private equity firm. I would guess Paula, since she isn't the CEO of her company does not set the prices either. Her line is just as expensive as a luxury line now. Look at the QVC inventory....so what guy will drop $105 on a 5 piece skincare kit? Really?

Valued Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Could she have sold out? Like everybody else?

Yes, she did "sell out" a couple of year's ago.  I guess she's still the "face" of Paula's Choice, but isn't part of the company on a day-to-day basis.  I have been using her proudcts since they first came out which is probably 20 years ago.  The private equity company that purchased the company has made changes that I haven't been happy about either.  They have discontinued many of the beloved and tried and true products and seem to be introducing more and more "fashionable" products, for want of a better word.  I noticed that they did end up bringing back a few of the old products they discontinued because there must have been a major uproar.  Also, I used to receive my orders within a couple of days; the last time I placed an order I noticed that it was taking a long time for my order to arrive.  When I checked my tracking, I noted that they are now using the dreaded UPS Mail Innovations.  It added days and days to my delivery.  Not a happy camper.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sueeich wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

Could she have sold out? Like everybody else?

Yes, she did "sell out" a couple of year's ago.  I guess she's still the "face" of Paula's Choice, but isn't part of the company on a day-to-day basis.  I have been using her proudcts since they first came out which is probably 20 years ago.  The private equity company that purchased the company has made changes that I haven't been happy about either.  They have discontinued many of the beloved and tried and true products and seem to be introducing more and more "fashionable" products, for want of a better word.  I noticed that they did end up bringing back a few of the old products they discontinued because there must have been a major uproar.  Also, I used to receive my orders within a couple of days; the last time I placed an order I noticed that it was taking a long time for my order to arrive.  When I checked my tracking, I noted that they are now using the dreaded UPS Mail Innovations.  It added days and days to my delivery.  Not a happy camper.

This is not correct. She has taken on an equity firm but it is still a partnership and not a buyout. she is no longer the Ceo but she is still part of the decision making process, at least for now.

http://www.paulaschoice.com/who-we-are/press-releases/paulas-choice-llc-appoints-david-lonczak-as-ce...

Regular Contributor

I received this new product yesterday.  The texture did surprise me as I was expecting an oil consistency.  This has a light cream texture.  The scent is something I would expect from something high in Omega's.  It is not an artificial fragrance and it did fade quickly.  It hydrated my skin pretty good considering I am dry.  I think combo/oily ladies will be able to use this alone for hydration. 

Honored Contributor

Her prices may have risen, but I don't consider them to be as expensive as high-end lines, many of which put stuff in their products that I don't want and use fancy packaging that is lost on me.

And honestly, I think for the quality, they were somewhat underpriced. I still like the philosophy and many of the products and don't believe that I could necessarily do better in terms of my requirements elsewhere for the price.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland