Esteemed Contributor

Re: New Paula's choice resist omega +complex serum

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Jump4joy2 wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Why is it different?
This serum contains robust levels of Omega 3, 6 and 9 oils plus skin-identical ceramides and hydrating ingredients to visibly improve skin’s health.

What does it do?
Concentrated levels of omega fatty acids help replenish dull, dehydrated skin, revive a beautifully smooth, supple feeling plus visibly softens the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.

Who is it for?
Whatever your concern, omegas are what healthy skin needs. Omega+ Complex is ideal for all skin types, and especially beneficial for anyone struggling with skin that's showing signs of fatigue or visible signs of aging such as fine lines, wrinkles and loss of firmness.

Sounds interesting!  Do you think it would be suitable for dry, mature skin?  Thanks!

@Jump4joy2 I would think it definitively would be good for dry, mature skin. @Irshgrl31201 is a really good authority on skincare so hopefully she will chime in and have some thoughts on this product and if it would be a good choice for your type of skin.  

Hey @HappyDaze and @Jump4joy2! Sorry, I haven't been here this week. I think this would be great for dry skin looking at the ingredients. Could you send me a link for this product, I am not seeing it on her site. I am sure I am just overlooking it, but I can't find it for some reason, even with my glasses!! Haha!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

@HappyDaze I've read that they are now putting ingredients in alphabetical order rather than listing them in the order of quantity. I don't know if it's that way on this product because I'm too lazy to look. But I think it's a crock if this is what they are going to do from now on.

I do not believe she can do that legally. From the FDA's Cosmetic Labeling Guide:

"Order of Ingredient Declaration

Descending order of predominance

Exceptions...
Active drug ingredients
Ingredients with less than 1% concentration
Color additives
"And other ingredients"

21 CFR 701.3(a), (d), (f) (2), (f) (3)

The ingredients must be listed in descending order of predominance. However, there are a few exceptions to this requirement.

1. If the cosmetic is also a drug, section 502(c) of the FD&C Act requires that the active drug ingredient(s) be declared before declaration of the cosmetic ingredients. A declaration, thus, would read as follows: "Active Ingredient: ... (Name of drug ingredient). Other (or Cosmetic) Ingredients: ... (Names of cosmetic ingredients in descending order)." [§ 701.3(d)]

2. Ingredients present at a concentration not exceeding 1% may be listed in any order after the listing of the ingredients present at more than 1% in descending order of predominance. [§ 701.3(f)(2)]

3. Color additives of any concentration may be listed in any order after the listing of the ingredients which are not color additives [§ 701.3(f)(3)].

4. The name of an ingredient accepted by FDA in accordance with the procedure established in § 720.8 as a trade secret need not be disclosed on the label. In lieu of declaring the name of that ingredient, the phrase "and other ingredients" may be used at the end of the ingredient declaration [§ 701.3(a)]."

Valued Contributor

@Irshgrl31201  I am looking for the link also!! 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jump4joy2 wrote:

@Irshgrl31201  I am looking for the link also!! 

lol! Glad I am not the only one @Jump4joy2, thought I was losing my mind!!

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

I found the product, but only on her European site. It's currently out of stock, but the listing says "PLEASE NOTE: The Resist Anti-Aging Omega+ Serum will be available end of May 2017." Maybe they'll release it here at that time.

One ounce for about $37.

Valued Contributor

@noodleann. Thanks for the info.. will just forget about it - for now!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@noodleann wrote:

I found the product, but only on her European site. It's currently out of stock, but the listing says "PLEASE NOTE: The Resist Anti-Aging Omega+ Serum will be available end of May 2017." Maybe they'll release it here at that time.

One ounce for about $37.

@noodleannand anyone else searching for a link to the product. I received an e-mail announcement about it that offered VIP access to the item for a limited amount of time. It also offered a free eye serum with purchase. I believe this offer was only through the e-mail link.

I am not purchasing it at this time. I read about it and didn't quite see how it would fit in my routine, which I am very leery of expanding.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Regular Contributor

I agree PC has gone so far away from what her products once were! Prices are ridiculous and sizes have gotten smaller. I have moved on to Mad Hippie!!!
Regular Contributor

Mine arrived yesterday and I wanted to share my first impressions. It is a thin lotion consistency to my surprise, for some reason I was thinking it was going to be more of an oil. I applied to the back of my hand and it absorbed nicely without leaving it greasy. Now my problem with it...it stinks! I am sensitive to smells so even the slightest off scent bothers me. I am wondering if this is the "fishy" smell I have seen mention of in reviews for some of her other products. I will be trying it out on my face in the next few days and will update later.

Honored Contributor

@MissSugarKane wrote:

Mine arrived yesterday and I wanted to share my first impressions. It is a thin lotion consistency to my surprise, for some reason I was thinking it was going to be more of an oil. I applied to the back of my hand and it absorbed nicely without leaving it greasy. Now my problem with it...it stinks! I am sensitive to smells so even the slightest off scent bothers me. I am wondering if this is the "fishy" smell I have seen mention of in reviews for some of her other products. I will be trying it out on my face in the next few days and will update later.

@MissSugarKane, I'm pretty sensitive to certain smells, but I have never had a problem at with the PC products that I have used.

I'm wondering whether the amount of omega might be the culprit, if it is at all derived from fish oil. I hope that it dissipates quickly.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland