Regular Contributor

New PTR pads making me breakout?

I have been using the latest TSV from Peter Thomas Roth and the only new product for me is the pads. So the fact that I am breaking out and I NEVER breakout makes me think it's the pads. Has anyone else had this problem, and do you think it will go away (before my 30 days to return is up!)?

Respected Contributor

Re: New PTR pads making me breakout?

I had to stop using the new pads, due to breakouts. I never broke out with the original formula. 

Valued Contributor

I bought that TSV too and have not used the pads. This was my forst intro to PTR and I think the products are too drying for me. I'll likely return it.
You could be allergic to something in the pads. I'd try it as close to the 30 days and if it doesn't clear, send it back.

Honored Contributor

I believe those pads contain glycolic acid in them and if you use them aggressively then they may cause breakouts. Directions say to use gently. I've had a similar breakout episode with another brand of glycolic pads. After realizing that I was being too aggressive with rubbing the pads into my skin, I now just lightly swipe them gently across my skin and have no problems now. 

Esteemed Contributor

Return them.  I  bought the latest greatest detergent and my hubby who never breaks out DID.  I bought the product back partially used to the grocery store.  

Regular Contributor

They actually don't have glycolic or any kind of acid in them, but rather glucosimine...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Mysticmom wrote:
They actually don't have glycolic or any kind of acid in them, but rather glucosimine...

The Un-Wrinkle pad's ingredients list shows glycolic as the second component. Are these the ones that are causing the breakouts?

Water, Glycolic Acid, Ethoxydiglycol, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Lactate (Lactic Acid), Rosa Centifolia Flower Water, Hamamelis Virginiana (Witch Hazel) Water, Ppg-5-Ceteth-20, Butylene Glycol, Arginine, Linolenic Acid (Vitamin F), Gamma-Aminobutyric Acid, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Retinol (Vitamin A), Cholecalciferol (Vitamin D), Alanine, Sodium Ascorbyl Phosphate (Vitamin C), Zingiber Officinale (Ginger) Root Extract, Citrus Medica Limonum (Lemon) Peel Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Symphytum Officinale Leaf Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Salicylic Acid, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Propylene Glycol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea.

Regular Contributor

No, the new formulation is different...

Esteemed Contributor

She is talking about the retinol fusion pads.