Honored Contributor

New-Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Oil

I've seen this advertised and bought it today at CVS. It's retinol SA. Yes I know it's not at all like prescription retinol. But I'm going to try it, I like the line.

The directions say to use it morning and night-I thought you weren't supposed to use anything with retinol in it during the day. Due to sun exposure.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

Re: New-Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Retinol Oil

As far as I know there is no such thing as prescription strength retinol.  That's Retin-A which is a different animal.  But, I only apply retinol at night.  

Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

I've seen this advertised and bought it today at CVS. It's retinol SA. Yes I know it's not at all like prescription retinol. But I'm going to try it, I like the line.

The directions say to use it morning and night-I thought you weren't supposed to use anything with retinol in it during the day. Due to sun exposure.

Since retinols (retinoids in general) are light-sensitive and will be destroyed by UV light, the most effective applications are done at night. But retinols can also be used during the day and can be just as effective when a sunscreen is applied on top, which you should be doing anyway. @Greeneyedlady21 

Honored Contributor

I've been using this every night after my PTR peel pad. I am very pleased with the results. Every morning before I put my makeup on my skin has such a nice glow. I only use it at night.

I had one small dry patch on one cheek, it's gone now and no more since. 

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"