Valued Contributor

New Michael Todd product users, how's it going?

I've been using the serum during the day and then adding other things over. Today I used Somme Institute vit C and moisturizer over. At night I usually just use the MT cream. I know it's to soon to really see any improvement in my skin. I'm just glad that I haven't gotten any irritation etc from these products. My skin does react to some things so I was alittle worried but so far no issues.

Valued Contributor

Re: New Michael Todd product users, how's it going?

There was so much talk about these products when I ordered and now no one comments.

Where are you all? Smiley Happy

Contributor

I have only been using them for a few days and while I did not have any bad reaction I cannot say I see any results yet. It will take some time I am sure. I definitely feel some tightening after using the serum and the cream and I have to put another moisturizer on top as my skin feels a little dry. I also received some samples and I am really liking the Damascus Rose moisturizer.

I am just so amazed how poorly these products are rated by Paula Begoun on Beautypedia. While I do not neccesary make my purchases based on her reviews I am still disappointed as to how low her ratings are. One thing is for sure they are certainly overpriced and I would never pay full price. The $25 deal was a great way to try them but $150?

Valued Contributor

I read her review and I was really disappointed also. The products do have some really good ingredients except for the snail stuff, what the heck is that? I don't pay a lot of attention to her reviews anymore, she has people doing most of her reviews now and once in awhile I'll see an error so that bothers me.

I'm just disappointed that there was so much excitement over the 25.00 price and now no one is commenting, Seems they were long time posters or I would wonder if the comments were plants from the company. I'm sure people are just busy and don't check the forum as often as I do. I do appreciate your reply.

I sure won't pay the full price so if I love these products I'll have to find good prices or I won't be using.

Contributor

I hear you Nadine. I actually purchased them because I read about the deal here. I would have never thought of trying otherwise. I am going to use it up and see if it really gives me results.

I did not know about other people writing those reviews for Paula but it kind of makes sense. I used to pay more attention to it but most of the time she rated products I really liked very poorly and the ones which were horrible very highly so I kind of ignore them now.

Regular Contributor

I've been using Michael Todd off and on since November, but the serum almost continually. As for the snail secretions, they are one of the latest crazes in skin care. In fact, there are facials available with real snails. Yeah, no thanks!

I like what the serum does for me. I like the tightened feeling. My SPF (currently DeVita) is plenty enough moisture for me.

As for initial excitement, $25 for a $150 serum is going to garner attention. I, too, was hoping to see some talk about other people's experience with the products.

I know there is suspicion in cyber-world about phony reviews and plants regarding Michael Todd True Organics. I'm definitely not one. I'm positive it happens and it wouldn't surprise me if every manufacturer did it.

If you like the results you're getting, the serum and cream both last a long time, and they're on Living Social a lot. Check the Michael Todd Facebook page. There are deals all the time.

Paula Begoun does not like anything that contains botanicals or essential oils because of their potential for causing problems for some people. Of course, that's until she decides to come out with her organic line containing botanicals and essential oils. It wouldn't be the first time she's done a 360.

Valued Contributor

Thanks for checking in ProductGuy and iidiko.

I have to say I've tried many of Paulas products and didn't like them. Her serums are full of silicones for one thing. She does have awesome CS though.

I plan on using both of the MT products until every last drop is used up. There are so many really positive results from users so I want to give it time to see the results. Like I mentioned there are some really good ingredients in these products.( Excuse the print, don't know what I hit for it to do that.)

Contributor

On 5/1/2014 ProductGuy said:

I've been using Michael Todd off and on since November, but the serum almost continually. As for the snail secretions, they are one of the latest crazes in skin care. In fact, there are facials available with real snails. Yeah, no thanks!

I like what the serum does for me. I like the tightened feeling. My SPF (currently DeVita) is plenty enough moisture for me.

As for initial excitement, $25 for a $150 serum is going to garner attention. I, too, was hoping to see some talk about other people's experience with the products.

I know there is suspicion in cyber-world about phony reviews and plants regarding Michael Todd True Organics. I'm definitely not one. I'm positive it happens and it wouldn't surprise me if every manufacturer did it.

If you like the results you're getting, the serum and cream both last a long time, and they're on Living Social a lot. Check the Michael Todd Facebook page. There are deals all the time.

Paula Begoun does not like anything that contains botanicals or essential oils because of their potential for causing problems for some people. Of course, that's until she decides to come out with her organic line containing botanicals and essential oils. It wouldn't be the first time she's done a 360.

Thank you for sharing your insight on the serum. I think I really like it. It early yet for a review. So far so good!