Respected Contributor

Re: New! Martino Cartier Forever Your Curl Styling Tool 702-627

I watched the demo last night and was just meh. Maybe Paula didn't know how to operate it properly but her curls were wimpy. The models looked good but I am thinking a professional did their hair. Just like your hair dresser can make your style look better but you can't.  There will always be magic beauty tools.

Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

It isn't new.  I bought one last summer and was disappointed.  I have fine, thinning hair and it wouldn't hold a curl.  I don't have that problem with a heated curling brush (Perfecter dupe).

What is your perfector dupe ? I was just looking on Amazon.

It’s an inexpensive knockoff. 

AmoVee Curling Iron Brush Ceramic Tourmaline Ionic Hair Curling Wand Volumizing Hot Brush with 1 Inch Barrel & Anti-Scald Bristles for All Hair Types, Dual Voltage, Instant Heat

Esteemed Contributor

I liked the concept, like curling a ribbon, but honestly, standing there -- and don't tell me in 5 minutes! -- curling all over would take me forever in whatever curling device that came down the pike.

5 hot rollers, sometimes 6, and I am in & out of them truly in 5 minutes, and I don't have to stand there trying to figure it all out. So I have to do it all again the next day - big deal!

Honored Contributor

I can't find it-what is the proper name of the product?

Honored Contributor

I would be concerned with all tha pulling on the hair with heat.  Hair stretches, ribbon doesn't.  I wonder about hair damage.