Respected Contributor

New Makeup Forever Velvet compact foundation.........

F41737DD-521F-4862-B42F-59EF71AE004E.jpeg

Live seen a lot of people talk about this newer foundation and everyone was saying how smooth it went on. They claimed it worked on all skin types, and lasted really well. 

I bought it and used it for the first time today. Wow! It went on so smooth. The little puff that comes with it can be used on one side wet and dry on the other. This applied like no other powder foundation I’ve used. I will see how it wears today and let ya know. 

I have combo skin. Dry around my perimeter and an oily t-zone. 

Honored Contributor

Re: New Makeup Forever Velvet compact foundation.........

Just checked it out on Sephora's website! Has really good reviews. Will have to check it out the next time I need a foundation!

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan  could you tell me a little more about this product please.  Is it a medium coverage? did you put it over top spf?  any fragrance in it?  

I am always looking for a great powder but they never give enough coverage...if this could go over top foundation and bare skin then perhaps I should try it.

Thanks for sharingWoman Happy

Honored Contributor

@wvumountiefan  - it's a good brand! TY for posting your review

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@tsavorite wrote:

@wvumountiefan  could you tell me a little more about this product please.  Is it a medium coverage? did you put it over top spf?  any fragrance in it?  

I am always looking for a great powder but they never give enough coverage...if this could go over top foundation and bare skin then perhaps I should try it.

Thanks for sharingWoman Happy

I’m sorry I didn’t get back to you yesterday @tsavorite   This foundation wore very nice and lasted on me. Now I did have to blot my T zone, but that not anything unusual. I have some broken capillaries on my cheeks and this foundation covered them well, so I would say this is medium to full coverage and builds nicely. 

Also, the applicator that comes with it, is what I used and it’s fantastic. One side can be used dry and the other side you can wet. I did not wet mine. 

All in all, I would definitely give it a try. I will repurchase in the future. HTH 🙂

Respected Contributor

@wvumountiefan Thank you for posting a review!Woman Happy

Respected Contributor

I have yet to purchase a Makeup Forever product that wasn't of excellent quality - performance & formula.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown