Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2014 MidNight said:

Sorry to say these are not chemical free just look up some of the ingredients ... When fragrance is listed it IS chemical not essential oil.With that said these do leave your skin feeling nice and moisturized..I use the hand lotion sometimes but not all the time because i am trying to limit the chemicals i put in my body.

Virtually nothing is chemical free. As to the idea that if fragrance is listed, it is automatically a chemical, do you mean that it is synthetic rather than natural? If so, that's what I used to think, but a very knowledgeable poster here corrected me and cited a reputable source. She said that the word "fragrance" does not necessarily mean that it is synthetic.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Valued Contributor
On 4/9/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Sorry to say these are not chemical free just look up some of the ingredients ... When fragrance is listed it IS chemical not essential oil.With that said these do leave your skin feeling nice and moisturized..I use the hand lotion sometimes but not all the time because i am trying to limit the chemicals i put in my body.

Virtually nothing is chemical free. As to the idea that if fragrance is listed, it is automatically a chemical, do you mean that it is synthetic rather than natural? If so, that's what I used to think, but a very knowledgeable poster here corrected me and cited a reputable source. She said that the word "fragrance" does not necessarily mean that it is synthetic.

Yes i meant synthetic...Thanks for clarifying that!Did not know that fragrance could be essential oils..

I do consider some lines to be chemical free of harmful chemicals.Suzanne Somers stuff is one for example..I believe 100% pure is also.

Trusted Contributor

I love when a Korres TS actually coincides with my need for some new Korres shower gel and body butter! Can't wait!

Honored Contributor
On 4/9/2014 suzyQ3 said:

Yes i meant synthetic...Thanks for clarifying that!Did not know that fragrance could be essential oils..

I do consider some lines to be chemical free of harmful chemicals.Suzanne Somers stuff is one for example..I believe 100% pure is also.

You're welcome. I hadn't known that either until someone here informed me.

We'll have to agree to disagree about the whole chemical issue. I don't think that so-called "natural" ingredients are necessarily without their own potential risks nor necessarily effective. Certainly I won't use anything that will harm me or irritate me, whether it's deemed natural or not. I want products that are safe and effective, whether they are "natural" or created for us. And I take the assertions made by some brands about "evil" ingredients that we must avoid with a big grain of salt.

I think we might agree on one thing, though: I really detest when a company makes claims about being so natural or organic, when it is not really the case at all. If they're going to get on that bandwagon, they should at least be honest.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Frequent Contributor
Thanks for posting- I'm definitely tuning in for this! I love Korres!
Super Contributor

I love Korres body butter!

I also love their lipsticks,they are so moisturizing and feel good on the lips.

Esteemed Contributor

I purchase Korres Bergamot Pear body butter & shower gel at Ross. Full sizes $5.49 each, sealed. I often find the small sizes at Bealls. HSN says Bergamot Pear is exclusive to them, hah.

New Contributor

I love Korres products. My question is about the body butter, I have so much trouble squeezing product out of the tube. I don't have a lot of arm strength, but still...I feel like i.m loosing half the tube when I get to the end, I can't get it squeezed out..Anyone else have a problem?

Esteemed Contributor

I like using canned organic coconut milk as my body lotion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1vFZPMZUYFs

I also like Dr. Bronner's liquid castile soap for cleaning my body, my home, and other things.

"Heartburn Can Cause Cancer" -- www.ecan.org
Valued Contributor

Mistri who would have thought coconut milk as a lotion!I have some in my cupboard that i will try latter today..I do use the oil sometimes but as the gal said in the video it can be to oily.Thank you for posting this!

forgot to say i use Dr Bronners lavender soap but not on my body.I use it for cleaning.Its to drying for my body.I use Trador Joes lavender bar soap..I think it has oats in it to.Its pretty clean.