Valued Contributor

New Herbal Essence CC users please check in.

I know many of us were highly anticipating the arrival of this new product. I've been using it a couple weeks now. I was curious what others thought of it as well. I have fine oily color treated hair and I have been using the Color Me Happy pink bottle with the rose on it. There are a few things I dislike about it and one very unusual thing I love so I will continue to use it and that is that it appears to make my very fine hair thicker! It looks thicker and when I run my fingers through it feels thicker however using it day after day makes my hair weighed down. Even on the first day of use my hair is greasy by the end or the day. I have been alternating daily between regular shampoo. I haven't found a sulphate free shampoo I could stick with exclusively. What has your experience with this shampoo?
Regular Contributor

Re: New Herbal Essence CC users please check in.

Hi, Cardamom -

I first tried the white bottle (the Herbal Essences "N*ked" line) and HATED it. Though it worked well in terms of being like WEN, the smell was so bad that I couldn't stand it and had to re-wash my hair with something else to try and get the smell out. I tossed it. You could smell it even after my hair was dry. To be honest, it smelled like REALLY bad perfume that some women bathe themselves in. Not sure if any others have had this experience; maybe I'm just super sensitive to smell.

I did try the pink bottle and found that much better. I do use it for two or three days, then use a regular shampoo on the off days because of the exact reason you mentioned.

HTH.

ophelia

Super Contributor

I have the same hair type as you.I have found my hair needs more frequent cleansing using HE only.So I have been trying 1st wash with HE and second wash with WEN. Much better results, and saving 50% on WEN!! The HE seems to make my hair a little less fly-away and static-y in this cold dry winter weather.

WEN has fantastic products, and I LOVE Chaz. $30.00+ for a bottle of CC is a lot of money. The results are worth every penny. I have enough WEN on hand to last at least 3 years.

Valued Contributor

On 2/9/2014 ophelia299 said:

Hi, Cardamom -

I first tried the white bottle (the Herbal Essences "N*ked" line) and HATED it. Though it worked well in terms of being like WEN, the smell was so bad that I couldn't stand it and had to re-wash my hair with something else to try and get the smell out. I tossed it. You could smell it even after my hair was dry. To be honest, it smelled like REALLY bad perfume that some women bathe themselves in. Not sure if any others have had this experience; maybe I'm just super sensitive to smell.

I did try the pink bottle and found that much better. I do use it for two or three days, then use a regular shampoo on the off days because of the exact reason you mentioned.

HTH.

ophelia

I have heard that about the smell of the Naked. Surprisingly the Color me Happy doesn't exactly smell like roses to me, just a sweet fruity floral scent. It doesn't linger either thankfully. Thanks!
Valued Contributor

On 2/9/2014 Wadzlla said:

I have the same hair type as you.I have found my hair needs more frequent cleansing using HE only.So I have been trying 1st wash with HE and second wash with WEN. Much better results, and saving 50% on WEN!! The HE seems to make my hair a little less fly-away and static-y in this cold dry winter weather.

WEN has fantastic products, and I LOVE Chaz. $30.00+ for a bottle of CC is a lot of money. The results are worth every penny. I have enough WEN on hand to last at least 3 years.

Wen did not work for me. Since we have the same hair type would you mind telling me what you use? Maybe I had the wrong one?? Thanks! Glad you are able to stretch your Wen out.
Respected Contributor

You know if you searched there is also a billion threads already on this same topic.

I like both of the cleansing conditioners the rose one the best. I like the pantene one as well but I can not stand the smell.

The new one at salleys I just LOVE. (not hair one) I forgot the name.

Trusted Contributor

Hi Cardamom

I do like The Herbal CC in the pink bottle, I have fine, dry hair & LOVE the volume I get with this

I do not use it every day, I condition only wash my hair with Loreal right now & use the Herbal CC about once a week

Valued Contributor

I tried this for two shampooings in the white bottle and ended up giving it to my 14 yr old niece who has long thick hair. My hair is fine textured and I found this made it limp and needed to be washed every other day and I'm used to going three or even four days before I need to shampoo. My hair is healthier this way because the natural oils keep it shiny and silky and my scalp doesn't dry out. I grew up having very oliy hair that I washed every night so I'm glad it has balanced out.

Valued Contributor

Thank you all for the feedback. I did search for this topic but it seemed everyone was still looking for it, ordered it or it was brand new to them. I raved about it at first but my opinion did change after about 4 or 5 days. At first my hair was incredible! I wish I could use this all the time and get those results.
Super Contributor

I have the white Naked bottle and use it every other day. I use shampoo the other days. I would buy it again.