Honored Contributor

New Haircare brand at HSN : SEEN!

8 items posted under new beauty - free shipping. Anyone familiar with this brand?

New! SEEN Hair Care 3-piece Mini Set
714-477
SEEN Hair Care 3-piece Mini Set

As a dermatologist, I saw patients struggle with breakouts– including the anxiety and insecurity that come with them. The worst? When nothing seems to work and we can’t get to the root of the issue.

This got personal when I noticed frequent breakouts after salon visits. I did my research and traced them back to a surprising source: the hair products they used.

I like to fix things – and this needed fixing. Rather than throwing prescriptions at the problem, we wanted to find a better way. With SEEN, we created a line that’s truly good for skin while bringing the real everyday joys of gorgeous hair, luxury beauty and better confidence.”

Signature

Dr. Iris Rubin, M.D.
Harvard trained dermatologist

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

Re: New Haircare brand at HSN : SEEN!

A human nose has around 400 types of scent receptors. Despite the myth that humans have a bad sense of smell relative to other animals, a 2014 study reported in the journal Science concluded that the human nose can distinguish at least 1 trillion different odors. So it's no surprise that smell influences how we interact with the world and the emotions we associate with people, things, and experiences.

In beauty products, fragrance is a key factor in people's attraction to a product. It becomes a part of how they present themselves to the world. But for many people, fragrance has the opposite effect. For people who are sensitive to it, fragrance can be intensely frustrating or harmful. It can also cause a variety of potential issues for the skin.

“Fragrances can be complex and are often composed of dozens or even hundreds of ingredients,” explains dermatologist and SEEN co-founder Dr. Iris Rubin. In fact, fragrance manufacturers consider the ingredients of their fragrances to be trade secrets and are reluctant to share the list of ingredients even to the companies whose products the fragrances are a part of.

The impact of many of those mystery ingredients on the skin can be multifold. “Fragrance - even natural fragrances and essential oils - can cause contact dermatitis, an irritation or skin allergy that shows up on the skin usually as redness, flaking, or itching,” says Rubin. And, since your scalp is itself another stretch of skin, fragrance may have the same impact there, causing redness, flaking and itching. It's also important to note that what’s on your hair is on your skin because hair product residue transfers to the skin in the shower or from a towel/pillowcase or hair touching the skin. So a sensitivity to fragrance could show up as a rash on the face or body, in addition to the scalp.

While not everyone with sensitive skin is sensitive or allergic to fragrance, the American Academy of Dermatology has reported an increasing sensitization to fragrance worldwide. According to recent studies, up to 4.5%* of adults may have a skin allergy to fragrance, and 34.7%** of US adults report fragrance sensitivity to fragranced consumer products (e.g. air fresheners, candles, detergents, soaps). Rubin cautions that "if you are sensitive to fragrance and are dealing with an inflammatory skin condition (acne, rosacea, eczema), adding a potential irritant or allergen in the form of a fragrance ingredient can potentially make the problem worse."

With all this in mind, and based on the many requests for versions of its products without fragrance, SEEN decided to launch fragrance free versions. The first to launch is fragrance free SEEN Shampoo and Conditioner, followed by fragrance free SEEN Blow-Out Creme in the Spring. For the most sensitized among us, these will become an indispensable addition to the shower shelf since fragrance free formulas can be life changing. "It’s incredibly hard to find luxury hair care that is fragrance free," says Rubin. It is also worth noting that some products that say “unscented” or “fragrance free” may have masking fragrances. Fragrance free SEEN has no masking fragrances.

SEEN believes you shouldn't have to compromise between beautiful hair and healthy skin. Whether you love fragrance or struggle with it, you now have different SEEN options that still deliver the same fantastic hair AND skin experience.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Esteemed Contributor

Looks interesting Chi!

Went to Sephora a few days ago and got the new Drunken Elephant Haircare collection

Had got some samples and I liked it alot.  They have a scrub comparable to T'weaked"s scrub, which I love.

Still think I will get the T'weaked tsv, as the scrub is my favorite product from the line.  Obsessed with scrubs for the scalp as it made my hair grow after I botched up my bangs with thinking I was a hairdresser during the salon closures.  haha!

If you order that,  please post your thoughts.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl 

Best of luck to you with the launch of  your product.  Sadly, I won't be a customer.  I ADORE fragrance, in all aspects of my life, probably excessively so.  But it's important to me and makes me happy Smiley Happy  Icing on the cake is when you're standing next to a good looking cowboy at the dairy section of WM and he says "ma'am, you smell SO GOOD!"  Thanks Miss Dior Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@weezer111 wrote:

Looks interesting Chi!

Went to Sephora a few days ago and got the new Drunken Elephant Haircare collection

Had got some samples and I liked it alot.  They have a scrub comparable to T'weaked"s scrub, which I love.

Still think I will get the T'weaked tsv, as the scrub is my favorite product from the line.  Obsessed with scrubs for the scalp as it made my hair grow after I botched up my bangs with thinking I was a hairdresser during the salon closures.  haha!

If you order that,  please post your thoughts.

@weezer111  - I too love that Tweak'd scalp scrub. Currently using a combo of WEN & Tweak'd haircare.  

Good to know about the Drunk Elephant products. 

Beekman haircare has been touted here too.

I'm not buying the SEEN products today but maybe when a coupon is available. 

Honored Contributor

@monicakm wrote:

@Chi-town girl 

Best of luck to you with the launch of  your product.  Sadly, I won't be a customer.  I ADORE fragrance, in all aspects of my life, probably excessively so.  But it's important to me and makes me happy Smiley Happy  Icing on the cake is when you're standing next to a good looking cowboy at the dairy section of WM and he says "ma'am, you smell SO GOOD!"  Thanks Miss Dior Smiley Happy

@monicakm  - lol, your cowboy experience Woman LOL

I too love fragrance,  but some people cannot abide due to allergies or just don't like it. Nice to see more options, something for everyone!  

Esteemed Contributor

Love Beekman body products, but did not really care for the haircare.  Kinda drying to me.  Love Wen too and maybe that is why.  And definitely use a conditioner on the days I use the scrub.  It is a really good deal to get the huge one and the regular one for $49

They have a really cool set at Sephora with all the Drunken Elephant new hair and bodycare products for $49.  It is like 7 or 8 products in 2 or more ounces each in a plastic traveling bag.  Great deal too!