Honored Contributor

Re: New HG drugstore eyeliner

[ Edited ]

Yes, @Texasmouse, I think WnW products are very good, especially the Megalast line. I've recommended the Megalast lipsticks here. Another product I've recommended is the mattifying (pressed white) powder. You just can't beat their prices for the quality they offer. 

I love saving money! Between WnW, Milani and elf, I've saved some serious cash.

Respected Contributor

That's right @SilleeMee!  In fact I bought the mattifying powder on your recommendation! I totally forgot about it. I keep it in my desk at work so I can powder over the areas that get shiny during the day. Had you not mentioned it just now, it wouldn't have clicked in my mind that it's also a Wet n Wild product! 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If this comes in a plumb or aubergine color, I'll definitely give it a try.

Right now I am using and loving Boots No. 7 liner but it has to be sharpened and I hate pencils that have to be sharpened.  It seems like so much gets wasted.

ETA:  No other shades than black and a brown.  Bummer

Respected Contributor

I like a liquid liner for my upper lashline only because it shows up better. Have recently stumbled upon NYX Vinyl Liner. It is a nice dupe for Bobbi Brown Sparkle (I think that was the name). It's only $6.99. It is not waterproof but stays on all day.

Honored Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@ciao_bella

I was looking at the Wet n Wild mascaras while grocery shopping this morning but there were five or six different ones in that brand. Which one did you use and like?

@Texasmouse  I only tried one which was in the lime green dispenser. I know there were several choices but decided to try that one first.  It was in the black color.   I might try one of the other choices when this one is done.  I might add, it's also very inexpensive.  I think I paid around $3 or so for it.  

I tried the one in the bright yellow tube.  I think it's MegaVolume.  I didn't care for it at all.  I didn't try any of the others.  

That one didn't add volume at all.  It made my lashes spidery. 

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@ciao_bella

I was looking at the Wet n Wild mascaras while grocery shopping this morning but there were five or six different ones in that brand. Which one did you use and like?

@Texasmouse  I only tried one which was in the lime green dispenser. I know there were several choices but decided to try that one first.  It was in the black color.   I might try one of the other choices when this one is done.  I might add, it's also very inexpensive.  I think I paid around $3 or so for it.  

This is a good Mascara. My favorite mascara is the Lash Princess by Essence. The WNW mascara in the lime green tube, I bought on a whim a few weeks ago and I really, really like it. It was $1.83 at my Walmart. The formula is not clumpy at all, and I like the brush. 

Trusted Contributor

@Texasmouse  Thanks for posting about this.  I only use a retractable liner when I tightline.  I picked this up at Target for 2.00, it was also on cartwheel (10% off) for those who use that. 

My Mally one that I usually use is almost gone.  I have an Ulta one, but it's not dark enough.  I don't want to pay a lot of money for this particular item, so I'm looking forward to seeing how the Wet N Wild lasts.  I also chose the same color as you, so hopefully, it will be really black.  I only use black as a tightliner, not as a traditional liner.

*QVC Community member since 10/24/2006*
Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva,

I have this retractable liner by ColourPop called 'No Shame'. It's a very deep shade of dark plum, sort of a dark raisin-ish, blackened-violet color. I like it with my dark brown eyes. ColourPop's liners are super good and cheap $5.Woman Happy 

ColourPop 'No Shame' Eyeliner

download.jpg

Respected Contributor

@ciao_bella wrote:

@Texasmouse wrote:

@ciao_bella

Just wanted to add to my original post.  I checked the WnW mascara that I have and it's the MegaProtein one in the lime green container. 

Cinderella is proof that a new pair of shoes can change your life!
Esteemed Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom- I love it when cosmetics do double duty!  I have a taupe L'oreal brow pencil that I also use as an eye liner.  Woman Wink

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt