Respected Contributor

New Formula for Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

Sorry if there is already a thread on this subject (I looked for one, but may have missed it).

Has anyone, who normally wears LM tinted moisturizer, tried the new formula? Sephora's site just started carrying the new formula, so there aren't too many reviews, but I did see the Laura Mercier site has a lot of reviews -- I've only read a few. Most of the reviews are positive, but most received the product for free, and didn't seem to have used the original tinted moisturizer before receiving the "new," so that really doesn't help me. I did see one "less than positive" review on the LM site, and one on the Sephora site, but that can happen with any new formula.

Sephora's "Summer Bonus" event begins on Monday, and I'm debating if I should buy the "new" formula to receive the discount or if I should try to buy a bunch of tubes of the "original" formula while I can elsewhere.  Smiley Happy 

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

Re: New Formula for Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer

@I like celery  I wore the original LM tinted moisturizers for quite a few years and then the company was sold and they must have changed an ingredient or two because it oxidized on me.  LM is now changing most of the original LM makeup and I think it stinks!  I am no longer a customer and have moved on.  I found a Finnish cosmetic co. and purchased their CC cream and it is very nice and so is the price and gives a little more coverage  medium.  The company is Lumene and I purchased from Target.  Surprisingly enough, I also purchased an anti-aging tinted moisturizer by Neutrogena with sheer coverage.  It also has retinol in it.  Believe it or not, it is very nice too.  I am finding out that you can pay a lot less and receive quality beauty products.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

I've never used her tinted moisturizer but used one of her foundations for many years and loved it.  They changed the formula a couple of years ago and I stocked up.  The reviews on the new one were not good.  I switched to Bobbi Brown's stick foundation when I ran out. 

I hope her new tinted moisturizer is better than the foundation apparently is.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Respected Contributor

@Katcat1  Thanks for the info. I didn't know LM had sold the Company. The tinted moisturizer has been one of my all-time fave products.  I think I've been using it for at least 10 years.  I'm going to buy the "new" formula tomorrow when Sephora's Summer Bonus begins, but I'm getting the "mini" size to try it out. I do like that it's now 30 SPF, as opposed to the original having 20 SPF. Another thing I noticed is the sizing is smaller, but pricing has remained the same.  I may start buying up a bunch of the original tubes I see showing on other sites, but I may end up receiving the "new" formula, if the websites haven't updated their sites with new images/descriptions. We shall see.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@NickNack wrote:

I've never used her tinted moisturizer but used one of her foundations for many years and loved it.  They changed the formula a couple of years ago and I stocked up.  The reviews on the new one were not good.  I switched to Bobbi Brown's stick foundation when I ran out. 

I hope her new tinted moisturizer is better than the foundation apparently is.

@NickNack   I’m hoping to be at the mall this week specifically to check out her new tinted moiturizer. I’ve had difficulty w/ her previous ones finding a fair neutral shade. I’ll try to report back re: shades, texture, coverage, etc. 

Respected Contributor

@NickNack  The LM foundations never looked great on me -- I tried two different ones, and neither looked great, but I know others really liked her foundations.  Bummer to hear they, too, had formula changes.  I didn't realize the changes started a couple of years ago because I only used the tinted foundation.  I did try her lipsticks, but didn't find one I liked.  I'll be giving the "new" formula a try, but I'm only ordering the "mini" size to start out. I really hope the change isn't that huge -- I know the increase in SPF might make it a little thicker, but hopefully the color match remains the same,  Fingers crossed.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥
Honored Contributor

@I like celery wrote:

@Katcat1  Thanks for the info. I didn't know LM had sold the Company. The tinted moisturizer has been one of my all-time fave products.  I think I've been using it for at least 10 years.  I'm going to buy the "new" formula tomorrow when Sephora's Summer Bonus begins, but I'm getting the "mini" size to try it out. I do like that it's now 30 SPF, as opposed to the original having 20 SPF. Another thing I noticed is the sizing is smaller, but pricing has remained the same.  I may start buying up a bunch of the original tubes I see showing on other sites, but I may end up receiving the "new" formula, if the websites haven't updated their sites with new images/descriptions. We shall see.

@I like celery   The spf number in a makeup does not affect my purchase. I use another spf from hair line to bra line. I definitely never apply any tinted moisturizer or foundation (or the recommended amount) in those areas.

Frequent Contributor

I was in Sephora & got a sample of the new formula. I used in the past shade bisque & got the same shade in the new. I have been using Complexion Rescue for yrs since LM has parabens in her old tm. The new one is very sheer but goes on nice with a brush. I'm not sure if I will buy a tube only because it has a chemical sunscreen, but it doesn't have parabens.

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: AVOBENZONE 2.5%, OCTINOXATE 7.49%, OCTOCRYLENE 2.0%, OXYBENZONE 1.0%

INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: WATER, GLYCERIN, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, DIMETHICONE, PEG/PPG-14/7 DIMETHYL ETHER, HYDROGENATED POLYDECENE, PEG-5 GLYCERYL STEARATE, ISODODECANE, SILICA, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, TREHALOSE, PHENOXYETHANOL, TOCOPHEROL, BUTYROSPERMUM PARKII (SHEA) BUTTER, MACADAMIA TERNIFOLIA SEED OIL, ALEURITES MOLUCCANUS SEED OIL, RHUS VERNICIFLUA PEEL WAX, TAMARINDUS INDICA SEED GUM, SACCHARIDE ISOMERATE, PENTYLENE GLYCOL, ISOSTEARIC ACID, GLYCERYL STEARATE SE, POLYSILICONE-11, BEHENYL ALCOHOL, BEHENIC ACID, STEARIC ACID, BATYL ALCOHOL, HYDROXYPROPYL METHYLCELLULOSE STEAROXY ETHER, PEG-30 PHYTOSTEROL, DISODIUM EDTA, SODIUM METAPHOSPHATE, CARBOMER, POLYACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER-6, POTASSIUM HYDROXIDE, BHT, SODIUM CITRATE, CITRIC ACID, T-BUTYL ALCOHOL. MAY CONTAIN: TITANIUM DIOXIDE, IRON OXIDES."

Honored Contributor

@caheff   I finally stop worrying about silicones for my curly hair after a short pixie cut & there are three in this moisturizer. Do you know if the previous version had that many, too? No longer have a tube to check.

Respected Contributor

@caheff  Thanks for sharing what the new formula is like.  I'm ordering a tube tomorrow to give it a shot, but I think I'm still going to try to buy a few tubes of the origiinal formula while I can from other sites.  The original formula has chemical sunscreen, too:  Mermadimate (3.5%), and Octinoxate (7.5%).  Thanks, again.

♥ Life is beauty full ♥