Honored Contributor

New Favorite Beauty You Tuber

Since Mel Thompson's passing, I've been floundering in the sea of beauty gurus on YT.  I haven't found one that speaks to me personality wise, style and coloring.  I found Juilia Adams MUA a few months ago.  The more I watch her, the more I like her.  We are similar in a lot of ways.  Her large winged eye looks are NOT my style but I didn't care for every single thing Mel did either.  I appreciate and enjoy her persona so she's my new favorite beauty guru.  She looks to be in her late 20s so I don't expect anyone here will be interested in her content but that's too bad.  She has a lot to offer Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: New Favorite Beauty You Tuber

@monicakm - I watch Julia Adams all the time and enjoy her videos.  I take what would work for me and leave the rest.  Young or older - I feel they all have something to offer.

Esteemed Contributor

I checked Julia out. Maybe it will take longer, but I can't relate to her. Usually I know right away if this is someone I'll continue watching.

I prefer James Welsh as he seems to have much more to offer. He tells things as he sees them and doesn't try to sell products just to make money. His brother, Robert, is also interesting. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@teganslaw wrote:

I checked Julia out. Maybe it will take longer, but I can't relate to her. Usually I know right away if this is someone I'll continue watching.

I prefer James Welsh as he seems to have much more to offer. He tells things as he sees them and doesn't try to sell products just to make money. His brother, Robert, is also interesting. 

@teganslaw - its so interesting how we all have different likes/dislikes re YTers.  I enjoy Julia Adams but cannot watch the Welsh brothers.  Know @monicakm likes them also and I've tried but have never been able to watch a whole video. Will admit that it took me a while to decide if Iiked watching Julia Adams but she has grown on me. So glad we have choices!

Honored Contributor

@monicakm 

Sorry to be off topic, but how are you feeling since your surgery?

Much better I hope! Just watch out for those pain pills, we all know what they can do in our colons.....

Image result for cats dressed as nurses

Just hopin' to make you smile!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom 

I smiled and lol'ed.

I was prepared for the pain med issue. I've been drinking natural calm in my Gatorade. It is a powdered magnesium. I also have a bottle of milk of magnesia.  Drinking lots and lots of Gatorade. I don't like water. And I have lost 13 lb. For the first 8 days while my husband was home he fixed scrambled eggs and toast every morning and I have no idea what I ate in the evenings so I asked him the other day. He said I wouldn't eat lol there's the 13 lb I lost!  

Honored Contributor

@teganslaw 

As you know I enjoy both of these creators on YT but they can't be compared to each other as one is all about makeup (and mentions some skincare) but James is an skincare educator type person.  He's self taught and a lot of people are turned off by that.  He's my skincare hero Smiley Happy  I don't like the way his recent videos are leaning tho and I told him so lol  I asked him to please go back to teaching and showing us products that do what, in his opinion, we need to achieve the desired results.