Honored Contributor

Re: New Eyelashes - Katrina on Q2

I see lots of girls from grocery store cashiers to city bus drivers wearing thick black false eyelashes.  They are so heavy looking.  I wonder if it's harder to open your eyes with them on?  (That's all I need....lol).  I guess once you have them on and are used to wearing them, you aren't even aware of them.

Esteemed Contributor

I wish I could buy glue on eyebrows.

Honored Contributor

@shaggygirl 

I don't know but apparently it's how management and they like it.  They can't please all the people all the time.

Trusted Contributor

I enjoy watching the hosts here and other tv personalities with the heavy makeup - makes me feel good about myself. 

Spoiler
Smiley Happy
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@shaggygirl     I decided one day to try as my eyelashes are short.  I went into a local beauty supply place and bought the shortest and "sparsest" pair I could find.  They came with the glue and a tool.  I still couldn't glue them on.  I was all thumbs so I decided to scrap the whole idea and just layer on my mascara

Honored Contributor

False lashes are definitely not a trend around me.  I don't see anymore people wearing them now than I did in the past. 

Most of the time, it's very obvious when someone is wearing fake lashes and it's even more obvious when people have lash extensions.  I have worn false lashes in the past for special events and I did lash extensions once and wouldn't do it again.

I have decently long lashes and with mascara, I think it's enough.  I also have large eyes.  Maybe if my eyes were smaller or I had shorter lashes, I would feel the need for falsies.  

What I don't like is the glued on way too long outer lashes only with natural lashes on the rest of the eye. It ends up looking like spider legs on the corners of the eyes.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I already have enough "added on" items on my face/head that I just cannot take one more thing, even though I would love longer lashes!   I have a hearing aid for my left ear, a dental partial plate with 3 teeth on it that sometimes slips a bit and causes me aggravation, my earrings, my eyeglasses or contact lenses, and the 5 clips I have to put in my hair to keep it pulled back out of my eyes!!  So, adding long, possibly glued-on lashes would send me over the edge!!  LOL

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm 

There are definitely some lashes that are heavier than others.  It took awhile for me to figure out what I liked and didn't like.  I like the lighter ones or the ones that don't have the thick heavy band.  I have some that you can't tell you have on and some that I can't wait to take off.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wear the heavy ones and love them. I buy 6D 15 mm faux mink on Amazon. The last time I bought them they were 10 pairs for $9.00. I jumped on the bandwagon after seeing everyone on TikTok wearing them. I started out with "normal" lashes and graduated to big girl ones. I love them and get so many compliments from strangers about how great my lashes are. There was a huge learning curve when I first started wearing falsies, now I can slap them on in no time. Someone asked about feeling them and at first they feel funny but now I don't even notice them.