Honored Contributor

Aloha beauties!  I'm looking for a new eye cream.  There are so many from which to choose.  The two that I currently use (one morning & one nighttime) I absolutely love, but I'd still like to try something new.  I perused QVC last night & added 3 to my wish list - Elemis Pro Collagen Eye Renewal cream, PTR Hungarian Water Mineral Rich Eye cream & Philosophy Renewed Hope.

Have any of you tried any of these?  If so, which do you prefer?

Thanks so much for your input.  Mele Kalikimaka!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Respected Contributor

Re: New Eye Cream Suggestions

Eye creams and neck creams are simply a marketing ploy created by the beauty industry to make more money. This has been noted in many articles on the beauty industry. Any good 'clean' moisturizer will be effective - to moisturize- the neck and eye area. Nothing topicle will reduce, or remove wrinkles. No matter what fake claims are made. 

Honored Contributor

Good morning! I use Clinique Moisture Surge products and have been quite pleased with the results. They have an eye cream as well, but I find it does not work any better than my regimen without it. This is a good thread, because I am sure you will get excellent recommendations. My grandmother used good ole' cheap Noxema every night all over her face, and had very smooth skin with few wrinkles, when she went to heaven at the age of 86. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Eye creams and neck creams are simply a marketing ploy created by the beauty industry to make more money. This has been noted in many articles on the beauty industry. Any good 'clean' moisturizer will be effective - to moisturize- the neck and eye area. Nothing topicle will reduce, or remove wrinkles. No matter what fake claims are made. 

@ellaphant    A rich moisturizer on the thin skin under your eyes is usually too heavy and can cause millia. It's also likely your concealer will slide. Neck creams will not lift or firm, but they can improve the look of the skin in that area. 

Frequent Contributor

@SurferWife 

I used the Elemis eye cream for many years and liked it very much.When I retired I thought it was out of my budget, so I tried Clinique and Paula's Choice.They were just okay for me ( and the Paula's Choice did irritate my eyes) I was recently introduced to NYR Organics products and love their Frankincense eye cream. Unfortunately I am back to spending too much but it is worth it.😀

Hope you find something you love.

Reggie

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SurferWife   Go to fresh.com and see if you can get samples of Black Tea Age-Delay Eye Concentrate.  It really works.  The Eye Concentrate is for dark circles and depuffing.  Then there is the Black Tea Eye Serum for firming.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

Estee Lauder  Resilience Multi - Effect Tri Peptide Eye Cream.  Long name, but effective.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@Katcat1 

Thanks for the suggestion!  I'll check the website now.

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 

Funny...I never thought to check out Estee' Lauder.  I actually worked for her during college in the mid-late 80's.  Since then I've always taken good care of my skin.  I'll check it out; it's kind of like going back to where it all began, although I'm sure she (well, her line) has come out with some even more advanced skin care in the last almost 40 years.

Honored Contributor

@ReggieRagu 

My current daytime eye cream is Paula's Choice anti-aging eye gel.  I love it!  It's lightweight & never interferes with my eye make-up or concealer.  At nighttime I use PTR's Retinol eye cream, which I love, too.  I just like to experiment from time to time & since I'm almost out of my PTR, I am curious to try something new for nighttime.  I may just order more PTR.