Honored Contributor

Re: New Evine Beauty Line - Cover FX Premieres at 9a ET 9/16

I have to admit, I'm tempted by the custom cover drops.  

Honored Contributor

The only thing I tried from this line was several years ago and it was a concealer. It was SUPER heavy duty. I didn't need that heavy duty of a concealer so I remember I didn't like it. It also felt heavy on. Not sure how well it would cover anything up because I didn't have anything to cover up at that time but I am sure it must based on how heavy it was. That is all I ever tried from the brand. I remember being told at the time that it was a line for more heavy coverage for people with alot of skin issues- like someone earlier posted, sort of like the dermablend line. I don't know if that is still true since that was several years ago but I will try to catch a show or two if I can and see what else they got these days.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

For anyone interested, there's an 8 PM EDT show this evening.Woman Happy

I thought I might be interested in the Custom Cover drops until I looked at the ingredients.  I'll tune in for the presentation, but it's heavy with cones so I'm feeling less than optimistic.  Woman Wink

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

@Gokat wrote:

@Gokat oh great, thanks for letting me know. I will schedule it to record so I don't miss it since I won't be home at that time.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Gokat wrote:

I thought I might be interested in the Custom Cover drops until I looked at the ingredients.  I'll tune in for the presentation, but it's heavy with cones so I'm feeling less than optimistic.  Woman Wink

@Gokat , I just did too and now I'm not as tempted.  Too many cones break me out.  Darn it!

Respected Contributor

Same here, @JeanLouiseFinch ...and I normally don't break out  so it took some research to figure it out when it started happening with some lines.  Woman Wink   I like the idea though.  I stopped counting how many online foundation purchases I've chucked.Woman LOL

A Dimitri Dazzler. Need I say More?
Honored Contributor

Thanks for the heads up and all the info! I usually ignore new brands but the cream foundation got my attention. I seem to be happiest with creams.

I'm going to attempt to watch this evening and drop by Sephora soon for samples.

Respected Contributor

I received a couple deluxe samples with a $25 purchase at Sephora of the custom cover drops. I really like them and my are they pigmented. I got a lot of use out of them this summer to darken my foundation and I only ever needed to use 1 drop. That's the only item I've tried.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how long they'll have preferred pricing? I'm thinking of running to Sephora to check my color in the morning... Going by what he says I'm probably a pink light but I'm not quite sure.

I'm impressed by the presentations of the foundation & concealer.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@willdob3 wrote:

I wonder how long they'll have preferred pricing? I'm thinking of running to Sephora to check my color in the morning... Going by what he says I'm probably a pink light but I'm not quite sure.

I'm impressed by the presentations of the foundation & concealer.

@willdob3 could you order tonight, then cancel tomorrow after going to Sephora if the color isn't right?  I ordered the foundation in both pinks--light and medium.  

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt