Trusted Contributor

Re: New Evine Beauty Line - Cover FX Premieres at 9a ET 9/16

@BExplorer wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@I finally made it to the Sephora @JCP today. They did not have samples of Cover FX but the associate that helped me did apply the cream foundation (in the compact, not the stick) on me. The shade she picked was P40 (Pink Medium, the darkest shade of Pink). It had a slight yellow cast to it, IMO, but the gal said she did not think so. She did not offer to try a shade from the neutral category.

In the mirror at the store it looked fine but when I got home and did a close-up look, I was horrified! It looked very heavy & separated, made pores look awful, settled in fine lines, etc. I know she did a poor job applying the foundation and just used a throw-away sponge. I'm sure I could do a better job with good tools at home. But I am not sure I want to bother trying. 

@willdob3 Yes, I received P20 and P40, so now I know they are FX's version of pink.  My P40 actually looked yellow on my eyelid, like the old Mary Kay yellow concealer.  I think you have confirmed that I don't need to try doing my whole face with either color of these foundations. You were smart to check it out in person.  I am gulping at what I am paying in s/h fees. 😣

Actually, the darkest shade of pink is P125.  All of them are pink!     You really have no idea of what "FX's version of pink is"  If you have an interest at all, viewing the full chart of Neutral, pink and golden shades might help.  

Trusted Contributor

@CoG wrote:

@BExplorer wrote:

@willdob3 wrote:

@I finally made it to the Sephora @JCP today. They did not have samples of Cover FX but the associate that helped me did apply the cream foundation (in the compact, not the stick) on me. The shade she picked was P40 (Pink Medium, the darkest shade of Pink). It had a slight yellow cast to it, IMO, but the gal said she did not think so. She did not offer to try a shade from the neutral category.

In the mirror at the store it looked fine but when I got home and did a close-up look, I was horrified! It looked very heavy & separated, made pores look awful, settled in fine lines, etc. I know she did a poor job applying the foundation and just used a throw-away sponge. I'm sure I could do a better job with good tools at home. But I am not sure I want to bother trying. 

@willdob3 Yes, I received P20 and P40, so now I know they are FX's version of pink.  My P40 actually looked yellow on my eyelid, like the old Mary Kay yellow concealer.  I think you have confirmed that I don't need to try doing my whole face with either color of these foundations. You were smart to check it out in person.  I am gulping at what I am paying in s/h fees. 😣

Actually, the darkest shade of pink is P125.  All of them are pink!     You really have no idea of what "FX's version of pink is"  If you have an interest at all, viewing the full chart of Neutral, pink and golden shades might help.  

My P40 defeintely looks yellow.  😊

"Great minds discuss ideas; average minds discuss events; small minds discuss people."--Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

My P40 was yellow in my hand but not on my face.but it was not becoming. However, maybe they don't get it. Maybe we don't get it. Maybe the pinks are made to cover up pink! Because that's what it does. I want to LOOK pink. What do they want from me? I'm sending my drops back and I actually got so upset at Sephora I had to leave. Too many colors to choose from and all the pinks don't make me pink. I am going back to what I always use.

Trusted Contributor

@Chi-town girl I can't thank you enough!  Cover Fx has color cosmetics in every form, powder, cream, liquid, concealer, finishing powder I could want. I got at least one of each.  And, guess what!  N110 disappears into my skin while applying, a match so perfect it's undetectable except that the marks and shadows vanish.  I could do a demo for their interpretation of red- brown with neutral undertones.  No more road tar or sick baby poop, no ash or green tinge, no metallic sheen I've had to put up with from Lancome and Mac and Marc Jacobs, Iredale etc,  etc and on and on.....    OMG cover Fx is perfect!  The very best of the line is, IMO, the award winning custom color drops.  I can make anything, and I do mean every cream, serum I have tried, a perfectly blended foundation.

I am actually dumbfounded , I don't have to search anymore! Even in the pale months I can go down a shade and still have a match!  

Now-  is there a blush.......  Lol

Occasional Contributor

Cover FX has been carried at Sephora for years. I'm surprised how few posters know the line considering this is a beauty forum. Not meant as negative and sorry if it sounds like that. I'm on the new side and didn't realize most posters here don't stray far from the shopping channels. 

Honored Contributor

@SarahDergson wrote:

Cover FX has been carried at Sephora for years. I'm surprised how few posters know the line considering this is a beauty forum. Not meant as negative and sorry if it sounds like that. I'm on the new side and didn't realize most posters here don't stray far from the shopping channels. 

I'd not heard of it, and I very rarely buy anything from shopping channels, @SarahDergson

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

@SarahDergson wrote:

Awareness followed the recent Allure beauty awards among others.  Did you know Cover Fx was offered through QVC?  They offered so few colors that it skipped my memory altogether.  Vague recollections were brought to mind when I viewed the listings, which btw Q removed in the last few days. Q has repeatedly dismissed brands that are ethnically diverse, Models Prefer, Iman, International beauty for starters.  Had a full range of Cover Fx been aired I believe there would have been a larger client base  ( careful wording required here) and its subsequent absence might have been written about in these forums.

Beautypedia, back online after their revamping, gives rave reviews for almost all of Cover Fx's color cosmetics, 5 of 5 stars.  Cover fx is among their best of the best products at least three times. The bloggers are in love!  Editors are raving.  Without advertising the word is  spreading.  

I wouldn't assume we're exclusive shoppers, or cloistered or ill informed.  As you experienced, you read about Cover Fx right here!  

Respected Contributor

I've been using the cream foundation for 2 days. My experience is like virgosun-light, Pink 40 is an excellent match, glides on like silk w/a beauty blender and feels like nothing but has spf. Winner Winner chicken dinner-that is if it doesnt mess w/my rosacea. I usually give a full week of using before deciding that.

I purchased mine through Sephora, which has a huge range of shades.

Valued Contributor

I've been using the Cover FX  CC cream (a Paula's choice top rated product) for about 2 years.  I have a very difficult to match golden tan olive skin tone and I was happily surprised to find a color match.  I have been tempted to buy the drops to color correct other foundations/tinted moisturizers I have that are not quite right.